Still not unmasked

Hey everyone. Sorry for taking longer to update this, I have been struggling with allergies 🤧 (it's new for me and pretty exhausting). Couldn't sleep well at night which means I was in a constant daze during the day and couldn't focus on anything. But now I'm better and back to writing.

*****

It was Friday night, the streets began to be more deserted, only some cars passing by interrupted the silence. Two men were gathered by an allay. The taller one with a blindfold spoke to the other.

"Are you sure the guy knows what to do?"

The other man with light brown hair with a neat suit replied to him.

"Yes, I have made sure he knows. I don't know why you're so concerned. Is it because you think Yuna could get hurt?"

The first one began laughing.

"I'm not concerned. Even if Yuna doesn't use curse energy, I think she can defend herself. I mean for her to walk home alone almost every night, she must know how to defend herself. Either way, I'm going to enjoy the show especially when you go play the knight in shining armor."

"So you are convinced she isn't a curse user?"

"If she's a curse user then she must have perfect control over her cursed energy. It is a possibility, I mean, I met someone with no cursed energy at all, so everything is possible."

"Well, let's just try this. If she uses cursed energy to attack then, we'll know for sure."

*

(Y/N) was finally done with her Friday night shift. She said goodbye to Sarah before making her way home. She was occupied with her thoughts, thinking how much longer Satoru would be gone. They would talk through messages from time to time, but nothing more. Then she heard some steps behind her.

"You shouldn't walk alone at this hour, you know? It could be dangerous."

(Y/N) quickly evaluated the man. He looked shady. She didn't remember him to be a customer at the bar. Where did he come from? Had he been waiting for her?

"I'm fine, don't worry."

She didn't stop and continued her way. The man soon caught up to her and gripped her wrist.

"Stop that, let me go!" She tried getting her arm free, but the man didn't let go. He wrapped both arms around her, whispering in her ear.

"Don't think so. You just smell so good."

As he breathed the scent of her shampoo in, she stepped on his food making his grip on her loosen, so she used her elbow to hit his stomach. She didn't use her curse energy because in the adrenaline rush she could easily use too much and kill the man.

The man was now in pain and (Y/N) didn't hesitate to run away. As she turned around the corner, she almost ran into a man in a suit, Nanami.

"Oh, careful. Yuna-san, is everything alright?"

She wasn't scared, but she wanted to get away from that man. And then, it dawned on her. This was probably a setup. Good thing she hadn't used her curse energy. She was about to say something when the man from before reached them. Nanami's face got even sterner if it was possible. He was acting as if only now he understood the situation Yuna was in. With an arm he pushed the girl behind him, standing tall and defensive in front of her.

"What is the meaning of this? I hope you weren't harassing my friend?" His voice was calm and clear but threatening.

"No, no, I was just..."