Off onto a mission

'He's attacking from the right. Upwards cut now. Feet sweep next. Can I jump into his attack?'

(Y/N) was entirely focused on Nanami's movements. The sorcerer used a series of attacks with his wrapped-up shortsword before trying to sweep her feet. He probably expected her to step back or evade with a simple jump, never thinking she would jump to the front to tackle him down. He barely evaded her attack before charging again while the woman was still in the air.

(Y/N) had planned ahead, knowing the blond would probably evade. She couldn't do much while in the air, but she had learned to incorporate her curse technique in the fight. She molded her cursed energy into a metal plate on the side where her opponent had sidestepped, defending the incoming attack.

The impact sent a vibration through Kento's right arm, the sensation made him loosen the grip on his sword.

As soon as (Y/N)'s feet touched the ground, she forced her body back up, pressing the metal plate she conjured into the man.

Twisting herself around, she pushed his right arm to the side, leaving the sorcerer's chest wide open.

She dispelled her weapon and hit the man's chest with her bare hand so she wouldn't injure him.

With the force of the impact, he involuntarily made some steps back. Struggling to breathe, he lifted his hands in surrender.

"I think you won this one (Y/N)-san."

She gave him a satisfied smile. They had been training together for some weeks now. In the beginning, they didn't spare. They had begun with endurance and resistance training.

Apparently, Nanami had been absent from the sorcery world for a while and needed to get back in form. Gojo had kindly pointed out how his friend was out of shape.

Talking about Gojo, he would show up from time to time to see how both of them were progressing, giving sometimes useful tips, but most of the time just babbling nonsense if not even mocking them.

(Y/N) never got the chance to talk to him alone about what she had done the night he came to see her, but she was too scared to do so anyway. Since Gojo has not talked about it, she had decided to do the same and see what would happen.

"It's almost scary how fast you progress (Y/N)-san." Nanami praised.

"Thank you, but if I can improve that much it's because of your help."

The man made a dismissive hand sign as he grabbed a towel and his water bottle.

The woman kept her gaze on him, still not used to seeing the ex-salaryman in sports clothes. He had taken off his glasses, the tips of his hair had some sweat drops that dripped onto the towel he had put on his neck as he was drinking. He gulped down the water with such ferocity that some drops escaped his mouth and ran down his throat vanishing under his shirt.

Somehow (Y/N) became very thirsty herself and reached for her own water bottle before she felt more than her face heat up.

"Don't you have any shame Nanami?" The new voice behind her made her almost jump in surprise.

Kento let out a sigh. "I'm almost sure I will regret asking, but what do you mean, Gojo?"

"You know what I mean, teasing poor (Y/N) like that. Just look how she is blushing."

The said woman was about to argue, but Nanami beat her first.

"Unlike you, we were training, so it's only natural for her to be flushed."

(Y/N) could swear the blond's eyes got darker with a hint of wickedness before continuing.

"Or is that all jealousy for me to get so well along with (Y/N)?"