Curse Matrioska

Hi, I'm currently not at home, so I can't run my usual autocorrect program. So don't mind if this chapter has more misspellings than usual...

*****

The abandoned church's garden must have been pretty once. It was isolated by railing with an elaborated pattern and bushes. The many flowerbeds had roses in different colors. In the center of the open grass field was a round well.

Now it was abandoned. The grass was overtaken by weeds, the bushes surpassed the railings height, blocking the view of the outside world completely. The roses grew out of the flowerbeds with stalks filled with big thorns, hidden by the colorful petals. The many roses filled the air with a pleasant sweet scent.

(Y/N) knew this place. It was popular with the teens at night to hang out, while during the day it was mostly abandoned. That's why she had suggested it to Gojo to bring the curse there. She never thought she would go against it though.

Her legs were shaking as she watched the curse that reminded her of a werewolf. The young man that looked to her more like an overgrown kid because of his behavior, just stood there with his eyes hidden behind sunglasses, a grin on his face and hands in his pocket. (Y/N) still wasn't sure if he really wanted her to confront a first grade curse when she herself was only a third grade sorceress, but she wouldn't chicken out.

With slow movements, she reached behind her back to take out her pair of sai that were hidden under her jacket. As she began to assume a fighting stance, she prepared her mind for the fight too.

'Come on (Y/N), you can do this. Gojo has already weakened the curse, so you should be able to at least get some punches.'

The curse made its move then, launching itself forward at the sorceress.

Claws clashed with metal in a fight of strength.

(Y/N)'s arms began to shake as she desperately tried to hold back the big werewolf.

Soon she knew there was no chance for her to push it back, so she stopped blocking. Allowing the curse to go forward, she sidestepped it.

First attack was avoided, but she didn't expect for the beast to turn around that fast. The curse crushed with its head against her, sending her flying against the well.

The air in her lungs was pushed out with the crash. As she desperately tried to fill them again with new oxygen she missed the curse starting a new attack. Gojo prepared himself to protect the girl, but stopped when he saw what happened next.

(Y/N) raised her weapons with shaken hands. She knew she wouldn't have the necessary strength to make the curse stop. Desperately she held her weapons stronger while guiding all her cursed energy into her arms and sai.

She closed her eyes in fear as she felt a rush of energy leave her body. The beast let out a pained roar.

(Y/N) opened her eyes to see what had happened. The middle prong of her weapons had grown and were piercing the curse. She didn't understand what had happened until she felt blood dripping from her nose and a dizziness that only could mean she had overused her cursed energy.

'Did I finally manage to use my innate curse technique?'

After that thought, the girl passed out for a few seconds. When she gained consciousness again, she was laying on the ground and saw how Gojo exorcised the curse. Something fell off from the disappearing curse's body.

'Is this one of those Russian dolls, a matrioska?'

Gojo picked the fallen doll before making his way to the girl that was still laying on the ground.