Peace attempt

On top of the school building were some strange things happening. Two teens were arguing with one another, while the adults were hidden in the shadows observing.

'Looks like the other boy is cursed and Megumi wants to exorcise him...'

(Y/N) heard Gojo sigh softly next to her before stepping into the moonlight and Megumi's vision. She was the only one to notice his serious expression before he reached his pupil.

"What's the situation?" He asked.

The black-haired boy was surprised to see his sensei there, but Satoru played it off. He made some excuse that the higher-ups had sent him. Then he began to tease the boy because of his beaten up estate.

'Why does he act as if he doesn't care?' Asked (Y/N) herself. 'Is he trying to deceive himself or his student?'

As Satoru turned his attention to the other teen, the woman stepped next to Megumi.

"Hey kid, are you okay?"

"What are you doing here?" Many emotions run through the bloodied boy's face, from surprise to concern, to irritation. "Gojo sensei shouldn't have brought you here."

"Don't worry, I'm not a civilian."

His eyes got wide in surprise, but their conversation was interrupted when Satoru tossed his bag with the Kikufuku Mochi to Megumi.

"Hold on to this, will ya?"

There wasn't much time for him to argue because the other boy attacked Gojo. The fight began right after. The boy had some good moves, but Satoru was just too fast for him to even touch the man.

As impressive as the fight was, (Y/N) couldn't overcome how the boy's markings were similar to hers. Although hers weren't black like that, they had a similar pattern.

Itadori launched a powerful attack making (Y/N) step in front of Fushiguro to protect him, but it was unnecessary because Satoru defended his student from the shockwave. (Y/N)'s gesture didn't go unnoticed by him though. As the sorcerer ended his count to 10, Itadori's expression changed, turning softer while the black markings disappeared.

"What a surprise, you really can control it!" Said Satoru with enthusiasm.

After a few more words, Satoru put Itadori to sleep. (Y/N) helped Megumi stand and walk to his sensei.

"What did you do to him?" The boy asked.

As they both spoke, (Y/N) began to understand what had happened.

'That Itadori kid really swallowed that gross-looking finger and turned into Sukuna's vessel.'

"What now?" She asked, getting an intense look from Gojo (or at least that's what she thought it was because with his blindfold it was difficult to tell). She heard that he wanted to help Itadori, but could he? That would be a decision for the higher-ups to make. How much could he influence them? Her thoughts were interrupted by him talking.

"I need to bring this kid into a safe location just in case Sukuna takes over once he wakes up. You can get Megumi to the hospital and wait with him till I finish with Itadori."

Although he didn't say, she could hear it in his voice "don't you dare to run away". She wouldn't of course. She still didn't get what she was after.

"There are two more people who need to be taken to the hospital." Added Megumi while holding to (Y/N) for support.

*****

The next morning (Y/N) was waking up with a stiff neck and back on a hospital chair. After Megumi and the other teens had been admitted, she didn't know where else to go, so she stayed there. Stretching her limbs, she went to the coffee machine.