New plan

"Huff."

The air was pushed out of (Y/N)'s lungs when Satoru threw her to the ground. Whining she let herself stay down and stretched her arms and legs out.

"Uggh, you're killing me. I'm done with training."

"Don't say that. You are doing so well."

Unlike (Y/N), Satoru wasn't sweaty or out of breath. He didn't even take off his sunglasses. And right now he stood over her, his hand extended to help her up.

"Sure. I'm doing so well that you didn't even need to take off your glasses."

She ignored his hand, preferring to stay on the ground while sulking. This was so frustrating for her, not being able to use all her strength to fight him back. But she needed to get a hold of herself, or else she would lose control of her curse energy and that would be game over for her.

Since she didn't make a move to grip his hand, the limitless user squatted down to be nearer to her. Talking as if he was dealing with a child, he said:

"You don't even have one week of training, what did you expect you could do after so little time?"

(Y/N) had noticed that during training he was different. It's like he is in "sensei-mode".

"We started training over a week ago."

"The time I was away doesn't count (He had been on a mission during the weekend). You weren't training during that time. Now come on, let me help you up."

He once again reached out a hand for her and this time she took it. Satoru pulled her up with a little too much strength which caused her to clutch to his chest for stability.

Since they started training there weren't many moments of intimacy between them. They would train, then (Y/N) would go home, take a shower, and rest for a while before her shift at the bar began. So now, being like that with Satoru after so much time was making her very self-conscious.

She had thought about their relationship so far and decided she needed a change of approach. Now that she had the sorcerer's attention, she wanted for him to fall in love with her because she had come to the conclusion that there was no way around telling him who she really was. If by then he was in love with her, then most probably, he wouldn't hand her over to the higher-ups. But she suspected he was trying something similar to her, to find out why she had been following him. That's why she wanted to get a heartfelt confession from him so she could be sure about his true feelings. So she would take a step back with the sex and focus on building their emotional bond.

Satoru noticed he had pulled (Y/N) too hard and she had lost her balance, so he held her close to him until she found her footing. He smiled at her, amused at how her attitude had changed towards him since he had "punished" her. It was like she was careful not to get too close to him like they were right now. Based on the way she acted and her shy facial expression, he could only conclude one thing. She was beginning to fall for him. He had seen this before, but it was the first time he actually hoped for it to happen. 'If she really starts to have feelings for me, then maybe I can finally have an honest answer as to why she started to follow me.' That was the only reason why he hoped she would fall for him, or at least, that's what he told himself...

The bartender removed herself from his embrace.

"I think I will go home now to take a shower and rest. Tonight is Friday, so the bar will be busier than usual."

"I told you before, you can shower here. You would have more time to rest."

"I don't want to impose. I'm already almost every day at your place. If I stay here longer you can get weary of me."