Recharge

The sunlight shone through the windows waking up (Y/N). She turned to the other side and pulled the bedsheets over her head to block it out, but on them lingered a scent that didn't belong to her. Satoru's cologne filled her nostrils and brought back the memories of last night. Her stomach made a flip only thinking about it and she began to smile to herself like a fool.

Not able to fall back asleep she decided to get up. Today she would do something different. She packed some clothes in her backpack and prepared herself to leave. At the train station, she purchased a ticket for the next train. The station was full of people, some waiting like her, others hasting through to catch their connection. (Y/N) would sometimes look at the people around her and imagine what kind of life those people would have. 'Is that man with the bouquet going to visit someone at the hospital, or maybe it is for his wife...' She didn't want to admit it, but sometimes she envied the normal people. She imagines what it would be like to have a normal life, a steady job, an own apartment where she could have some nice futile things like a vase.

She was ripped out of her daydream by the sound of the train arriving. She waited a bit longer and just before the doors were about to close she ran inside. She watched through the window as two young people in black uniform sprinted to the door, but it was too late. The train left with them outside.

'Now I know who's been following me.'

(Y/N) has felt watched since last week. She could swear she had once seen a Panda lurking behind some trees. And then the sorceress with the tired eyes that kept showing up at the bar... The two that were following her today were a young boy with light hair, his uniform with a high collar that covered up his mouth, the other was a girl wearing some glasses, with black hair tight in a ponytail. They didn't seem pleased that she had escaped them. Feeling a lot lighter, (Y/N) sat down and enjoyed the ride. She had hidden her cursed energy for so long that it was like a relief to let it free.

She kept watching out the window to decide when to get out. On this trip, she pretends to find some curses to absorb their cursed energy to recharge hers. The quantity of curse energy she could produce wasn't much, and since she had been releasing a bit of energy continuously like a normal human would, her reserves had dropped. If for some reason she would be attacked or needed to flee, she wanted to be fully charged to increase her chances, but with Satoru and his students keeping track of her, it was difficult. That's why she used Satoru's absence to get away from his students.

After a while, she decided she was far enough and made her way to the doors to get off at the next station. She didn't know exactly where she was, but it didn't matter anyway. It was still a city with lots of places where she could find some curses. On her phone, she searched for a hospital, graveyard, or school that was nearby. But then she received a video call. It was Satoru. She smiled. 'His students must have already told him that they lost me...'

She picked up and saw Satoru smiling with his blindfold on, his hair all up.

"Hello, Yuna-san, already up?"

Her smile got bigger hearing his happy voice. When he had left the night before he seemed strange and she feared that he had regretted something that happened, but now he was back to his usual self.

"Hi, sure I am. Wasn't expecting to hear so soon from you. Already missing me?"

His smile changed into a wicked one.

"What can I say, the last hours I got bored during the flight and somehow my mind wandered to last night..."

"Oh, is that so. Glad I could provide some distraction then."

Before she could say anything further, the image on the phone shifted, and now the white-haired man stood next to a black-haired boy. The poor boy was looking creeped out. 'Oh god, hope he didn't get what we were talking about.'