Sparkling wine

Sunday morning came with bright sunshine. Satoru prepared himself to go jogging with Yuna to try to get something more out of her. He didn't know what exactly he could do for her to slip and reveal something, but at least he would have a workout. He surely needed it although he hated running. He waited for some time, but she never showed up. 'Is this maybe her day off from training?'

He passed by the bar. She was working again, but he didn't feel like spending this beautiful afternoon in the bar. Then, a brilliant idea crossed his mind. If she was working, he could go through her things at her place.

Her apartment could be accessed directly from the street from the restaurant. There was no mailbox, and probably her mail was delivered to the restaurant if she had some. The name tag for the doorbell was left empty. 'No way to find out her last name...'

He teleported himself into her apartment. The bed was made, some clothes were hanging on the coat rack, and some more were put on the drying rack, filling the studio with the scent of the fabric softener. An empty camping backpack was in a corner, and her laptop lay open on her bed. Satoru pressed the touchpad, and the screen lit up, asking for a password. He needed to be watchful when Yuna would put in the password so he could snoop through her computer.

He moved to the kitchen. It was clean, some yogurts were in the fridge with some vegetables and a few more things. In the counter cabinet, he found rice, some instant ramen, cereals, and such. Nothing suspicious, but he didn't know exactly what he was expecting to find. Some cursed object, maybe? The bathroom was also clean, nothing unusual there either.

He gave up on his search and went home. Tomorrow, he would retake his initial plan and go jogging with her.

*** Next morning ***

Satoru was woken up with his phone ringing. Someone was calling him. Annoyed, he looked at the screen. It was principal Yaga. He pondered to ignore the call, but since it was high season for cursed spirits to appear, he ended up answering.

"Good morning Yaga-san, don't say you want to buy me breakfast?"

"Stop this Gojo. I need you for a mission."

"Again? Where are you sending me this time?"

"You won't be going overseas, don't worry. Now move your ass here."

The principal hung up. Looked like it wouldn't be this time he would do some workout. After preparing himself, Satoru made his way to school. If his mission wasn't so far, maybe he would take Megami with him. The kid spends too much time inside. He needed some fresh air.

*****

It was Thursday, and (Y/N) hadn't heard nor seen anything from Satoru since Saturday. She hoped he was again on a mission and not that he had lost his interest in her. She was working alone at the bar as usual during the week. Sarah was a student and would only work on the weekend. The bar was almost empty, only the usuals were there. Only if there would be some sports event on TV would come more customers during the week, but thankfully this wasn't such a night.

Satoru and Megami had just arrived from their mission, and the older sorcerer was trying to convince his student to go with him to the bar.

"Come on, Megami-kun, it's not that late. Bars are fun, there is music, you have drinks and even some snacks if you want." Maybe if they had karaoke, the kid would be more easily convinced to go.

Megami had lost count of how many times his sensei had asked him to go to this stupid bar. He really didn't want to go. He was tired from the mission, and it was getting late. But somehow, he was curious why his sensei was insisting so much, even more than what he would usually. "Ok, fine. I will go, but you better pay."