A sonless Father and fatherless Son

" tell me where will you go " Vatsala  asked him with a firm voice.

" if you have any relatives means tell me I will make arrangements to send you to them " Vatsala asked him.

Shankara started to weep again , He nods his head negatively.

" mitr ..... then what will you do to live" Vrishiketu asked him with casual  concern.

" what shall I call you " He asked Vrishiketu.

" call me as mitr " Vrishiketu giggled at his innocence.

" mitr I have no idea of future but...I am ready to do anything...... " Shankara clutched his stomach.

" amma ....... " He went upto Vatsala and sat on his knees.

Vatsala was moved.

He forwarded his empty hands.

" I am very hungry..... please give something to eat " Shankara begged for a morsel of food.

Vrishiketu's eyes welled up.

" no need to go anywhere from today we are your family......you are a son of a warrior..... never beg like this again come in  " Vatsala  wiped her tears and took him inside along with Vrishiketu.

" bhabhi are you sure ...... because he is a theif ..... " Vrishiketu  asked.

" have you ever fought for a morsel of food ?? " Vatsala asked.

Vrishiketu nods negatively.

" he has fought , he will fight and ready to fight " Vatsala said looking at Shankara.

" one who fights because of strength is fighther but one who fights for a strong reason is a warrior ...... he is a warrior " Vatsala  smiled at Shankara.

Vrishiketu made Shankara to sit next to him.

Vrishiketu signalled Vatsala to serve more to Shankara.

Vatsala served to both of them.

Before Vrishiketu touch the food , Shankara started wolfing the food as if no tomorrow.

Vrishiketu and Vatsala sat looking at him.

Shankara finished his food and kept the plate down and took glass to drink  water.

Vrishiketu transfered his food to Shankara's plate and looked at Vatsala who was smiling at him.

Shankara was even more happy and thanked Vatsala and started to eat again.

Vrishiketu stood up and washed his face. As he went to take cloth to wipe his hands, he spotted Abhimanyu's portrait.

He touched it and moved his hands over it .

" Bhabhi " He called Vatsala.

" hmm " Vatsala hummed.

" who is this ?? " He showed the potrait to her.

" My Husband Abhimanyu " Vatsala gave a teary smile to that potrait.

' Abhimanyu ' He thought.

" Bhabhi if you don't mind can you tell me about his death " Vrishiketu asked.

Vatsala took a deep breathe and explained him about Abhimanyu's death.

' my father too unwillingly killed him' Vrishiketu thought and suddenly hugged Vatsala suddenly.

" bhabhi you are not angry on me na ??? " He asked her.

" Vrishiketu why will I get angry on you ..... you have no mistake here .... because you didn't knew it till now .... the same way Pandavas also didn't knew about your father till yesterday .... so they too don't have any mistake...... but still they are feeling very guilty and longing to talk with you " Vatsala said to him.