Preparation

Vatsala lost herself in deep thoughts. The cold breeze was disturbing her hairs. But still Vatsala lost in gazing the night sky.

" Vatsu " Arjuna called her.

She didn't responded.

Arjuna removed his sandals and shooked her.

" Vatsala..... come serve something to eat " Arjuna said and went inside.

Vatsala smiled and went inside.

Arjuna washed his feet and hands , Vatsala gave a cloth to wipe them and went inside the kitchen.

Arjuna caressed Uttara's head who was sleeping and covered her with a blanket.

He went inside the kitchen and sat down infront of a empty plate.

Vatsala served food to him.

" mamashree.....today Uttara asked for something " Vatsala started slowly.

" vah finally she asked something .... what was that?? " Arjuna asked.

" baby shower " Vatsala served some more rice to him.

Arjuna stopped eating and looked at her.

" what did you answered???" Arjuna asked.

" nothing " Vatsala said.

" but how ??? How can we do those rituals for a widow .... first of all how shall we bring her parents and family ??? You know in baby shower mother's home plays a important role" Arjuna said.

" I know mamashree .... but mataa used to say that these things should be done before the mother to be ask for a baby shower..... but Uttara already asked us .... if we ignore it now also it will be very bad " Vatsala said.

" I think I should talk with jyest " He continued.

" not only talking mamashree..... you should make him to agree " Vatsala grinned.

The very next morning, Vatsala finished all the morning chores and even visited the temple along with Arjuna.

Actually early morning there was a little downpour. Vatsala shocked to see Uttara was not there inside the house.

" Shankara... where is Uttara??" She asked in a hurry.

" she was sleeping inside Amma" he answered.

Arjuna was also tensed.

Vatsala rushed towards the backyard and sighed.

Arjuna and Shankara too followed her but they were confused as the saw Uttara sitting nicely and eating the slightly moist reddish soil.

Vatsala smiled with joy.

Uttara didn't even cared for her surroundings she was just eating that soil with both the hands in a childish way.

Arjuna was about to call her but Vatsala stopped him.

" let her eat mamashree " she whispered.

" it's dirt she will fall ill " Arjuna said.

" mamashree..... mataa used to say if mothers feels like eating mud or soil  in pregnancy..... she will give birth to a brave emperor who rules the earth.... that's true na Uttara will give birth to a king who rules the land of great Hastinapura ..... let her eat " Vatsala said.

Uttara realised that someone is watching her after she was unable to dig more from her hands.

She turned towards them and gave a sheepish smile and closed her mouth.