Karna vs Arjuna

Vatsala observed but still not clear about the image of that person.

Vatsala moved towards it but it moved away again.

Vatsala felt a hands on her shoulder. She turned behind.

" what happened Putri what are you seeing there ???? " Karna asked.

" pitashree... someone is there " Vatsala said looking near the bush.

Karna quickly raised his bow and fixed an arrow but Vatsala stopped him.

" pitashree it may be my imagination also leave it " she said and both of them walked towards the temple and sat there.

" So tell me what brings you here pitashree " Vatsala asked as she applied turmeric paste on a injury in his forearm.

" ahhhh..." Karna's eyes filled.

" is it hurting ??? " Vatsala asked.

" nothing more than my heart's " Karna's he sobbed as he kept his heads on her laps.

" I have lost my sons .... putri " Karna cried.

" now I am left with Vrishasena and vrishiketu .... I cannot see my wives weeping I feel completely broken putri but I cannot show my grief infront of them... I should be strong and today my mitr Dhuryodhan saw me as his everything he said I am the only dear one who left for him ... I should be strong for him too ... but the death of my sons haunts me .... just 6 days before banasena , shratunjay , chitrasena and others were running here and there happily infront of me but today I can see distressed Vrishasen and confused Vrishiketu " He cried.

Vatsala felt sad for him.

" pitashree your sons have died a brave death .... they have gained heaven.... from there they are watching the valour of you.... you know they very happy and proud of you " Vatsala wiped his tears.

" your wives and your friend needs you.... now be strong pitashree give your best .... to gain something we have to sacrifice something right ... likewise these sacrifices of yours will surely have a fruitful reward....don't worry everything will ends well for you " She smiled.

The Orange evening started to turn dark. Karna took leave from her.

Again that image of a person peeped out from the bush . Vatsala saw that moved near. That image came out and Vatsala sighed in relief.

Pandavas camp

"Madhav speak to her " Arjun asked Krishna with a tensed look.

" paarth now she needs you more than me .... you make her to put tears out now only it could be better one ... now I am leaving " Krishna patted his shoulder and left for temple.

" mataa pitashree asked you to meet him " Shruthakarma informed Subhadra and went away.

" arya you called me ?? " Subhadra came to Arjun who was sitting on a small heap of soil beside a tree.

He just opened his arms widely and smiled. She smiled and hugged him gently and he wrapped his arms arround her.

" throw them away bhadra ...... allow those tears to come out through this eyes bhadra.. I can't see you like this .... cry your heart out in my arms at least I can give you this much " Arjun said as his eyes filled.

Subhadra tightens her hug and finally broke down to tears in his arms. He cried heavily as his chest became wet due to her tears.

" I am sorry bhadra ... I did not stayed with you at your times of grief I always left you alone ..... I even failed to save your only son .....  the only thing I can give you is this arms dear
... I am sorry " Arjun too cried along with her.