Hastinapur

Vidur and Yuyutsu made all preparations to welcome Panadavas.

Dhritarastra and Gandhari had no interest in anything.

Finally Pandavas along with their family and remaining army entered Hastinapur.

They were welcomed with grand way. Citizens were standing either sides of the road infront of there houses and greeted their new king.

Yudhistira noticed that innocent smile of them was missing. Ladies were searching for their sons, brothers and husbands in that remaing army which was marching behind all the chariots.

Few of them were running back towards their home crying with disappointment as they couldn't find the one who they were searching for in that army.

There was a widow in almost every house Yudhistira was broken again as he glanced those sad faces of his subjects .

" true.... victory didn't brought happiness " he said to himself.

" Jai ho Samrat " all of them could here this but it was like chanting of some mantra no emotions were there in that .

Finally they all entered the palace gates. Vidur and Yuyutsu welcomed them with a warm smile.

Vatsala too smiled looking at the majestic palace of mighty Hastinapur which she visited with Abhimanyu and Priya in her womb at the time of Samba's wedding. The last time when she saw everyone of that family together.

But that day also Duryodhan and brothers were disappointed.

Vatsala's chain of thoughts paused by Deeptiman's call.

" where have you lost Vatsu ?? are you alright?? " Deeptiman shooked her.

" ha yes bhrata " Vatsala  smiled.

Vatsala searched for Shankara he was not around her she turned back to find a soilder has stopped him near the gate itself.

Vatsala went near him.

" leave him " She said.

" Rajkumari he doesn't belongs to royal family " He said.

" I am telling leave him " her voice was firm this time.

He bowed and allowed Shankara to enter inside.

Shankara was amazed looking at palace and it's surroundings.

" wow " he exclaimed making Deeptiman and Vatsala to giggle.

Sowparnika was already lost in admiring the beauty of it.

" mamashree " Vatsala pulled back Arjuna.

" what happened?? " Arjuna gasped by that unexpected pull.

" where is my house ?? " Vatsala whispered.

" we have arrived just now .... give me 2 days na .... till then come with me silently " He dragged her inside.

Krishna and Yudhistira were already inside the palace.

Yudhistira was just looking at the throne constantly.

The empty court echoed numerous voices in Yudhistira's heart and vision.

Pitamaha Bhishma smiling at him near his couch.

The couch where Duryodhan used to sit along with Karna whenever he used to visit Hastinapura. He felt as if both of them were cracking jokes and laughing.

Yudhistira smiled at the empty couch.

Dhritarastra stepped aside from the throne and said.

" Samrat Yudhistira this is yours " He said with a smile.