After 8 years

The Stormy night was utterly scary.

A girl of average 8 years lighted the Diya infront Mahaveer Abhimanyu's portrait.

She didn't actually knew why Diya was kept their but She saw his mother doing it everyday.

" Pitashree .... Today Amma is suffering from fever so I am lighting Diya infront of you take care pitashree and return soon " She smiled at the portrait.

" Satya " Another voice of a boy made the girl to turn around , She was Satyapriya , Daughter of Abhimanyu.

" Ha bhrata " She replied for the voice of Uttaranandan and ran out.

" Bring some more cold water " Parikshit said to Satyapriya as was caressing his Shashi Amma's head which was placed on his laps.

Satyapriya went to bring water.

Parikshit touched Vatsala's forehead and shooked his head her temperature was still high.

Vatsala parted her dry lips to gasp some air and gulped.

" Amma " Parikshit said smoothly.

Vatsala looked at her beloved son's face.

" Eat something please " He said softly for which Vatsala nodes her head negatively.

" Only little bit you should recover soon na " Parikshit rubs her cheeks.

These are the things which she used to do for her kids everyday ... And today her kids have became her parents.

As soon as Satyapriya brought cold water Parikshit dipped cloth in it and placed the cold wet cloth on her forehead.

" Amma " Satyapriya caressed her hairs.

Vatsala smiled at her.

Shyama bhatta rushed inside and Uttara too followed him.

" Jiji Dharmshala's all works are done " Uttara ensured.

Vatsala smiled at her.

Shyam bhatta checked her pulse and temperature.

" Suddenly this much high fever ?? " Shyama bhatta exclaimed.

" Same question Ajja ( Grandpa) " Parikshit looked at Vatsala.

" Shyam ji and pari are asking something answer them jiji " Uttara glared.

Vatsala looked down with a baby pout.

" Why Choti ma ? What happened ? " Satyapriya asked Uttara.

" Ha kids jiji kept a vrat yesterday " Uttara said.

" So ... " Parikshit and Satyapriya asked.

" Whole kept fasting and at the end walked on burning charcoal" Uttara said.

" What ??? " Both kids exclaimed.

Shyama bhatta facepalmed.

" Then this fever will reduce by itself no need of treatment just apply medicine for feet " Shyama bhatta concluded.

" Why will you do this things amma ? " Parikshit appeared frustrated.

" Why didn't you stopped her mata ? " Parikshit turned to Uttara.

" Will she listen to me ? And another supporter is there na that Shankara " Uttara huffed.

" Pandit ji told if we perform that vrat successfully it will ... " Vatsala started.

" Do good to us " Satyapriya and Parikshit completed.

Uttara took medicine from Shyama and dipped a peacock feather in it.