Chapter 44

Chapter 44

Luke groaned as he entered, he was sweating, panting and out of breath.

Loser.

He was helping me move into my dorm.

"Why the fuck do you need all this stuff?" He asked, collapsing on the couch.

"I agree. Why?" Colton asked, collapsing onto Luke on purpose and Luke groaned again.

Colton was helping Hazel move into her dorm too, which was the same as mine because we were roommates.

"I love you, thanks for helping," I said, pushing Colton away and sitting in Luke's lap and kissing him.

"You're welcome babe," he said as Colton and Hazel were making gagging noises in the background.

~

College has been intense. Intense studying, intense drama, intense teachers, just intense in general.

I also got a job as a waitress to try and pay off at least some of the college funds, I can't let my parents pay for everything.

I swear to god, some teachers enjoy inflicting pain on others.

Just because you were a minute late because you were up studying the other night doesn't mean you deserve a zero for the day.

And I totally wasn't one of those people.

Hint the sarcasm.

I can also feel myself becoming bitchier by the day because of sleep deprivation.

It also doesn't help that I haven't seen my boyfriend in far too long and I can feel us drifting apart. And every time we talk on the phone or FaceTime, it wasn't the same because we're both tired as fuck.

Wow, I sound like a bitch for complaining this much, I apologize.

Luke was touring the whole fucking world and sometimes he would call in the middle of the night and sometimes not, but we barely had a decent conversation where one of us isn't drifting to sleep in two weeks.

"Hey, babe. How's college?" Luke asked over the phone.

"It's fine, Luke. How's touring?"

"It's amazing, babe. Like sometimes, when I'm performing, I would look over at Calum and we would just talk to each other telepathically and be like 'we made it. I remember you in the music room in Australia playing some shit that you made up on guitar.' The stage is the second place that I feel the most comfortable. The first place is when I'm with you."

Smooth, Lucas, smooth. Well played.

"That sounds great," I said, trying to do homework and talk to him, too.

Great multitasker, as you can tell.

"You sound distant, what's wrong?"

Maybe not so great.

"I'm fine, Luke," I sighed.

"Stop lying, you've been saying the same line for weeks."

"What, you want the truth?"

"Yes, I want the truth. I can handle it."

"Fine. The truth is, Luke, I've been so fucking busy and tired lately, okay? I've been busting my fucking ass working, going to classes, studying, doing homework, and maintaining a relationship with you and my friends. I barely get any sleep. I also feel like I'm losing you as each day passes. The spaces between us are getting deeper, Luke," I ranted, "Sorry, I've just been having a shitty week. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, baby, we've all had those days. I just didn't realize you were feeling that way. You shouldn't be apologizing. I'm the shitty boyfriend here."

"You're fine, Luke."

But Luke didn't really believe me anymore when I insisted that I'm fine.

Instead, he decided to be a little cutie and showed up outside my dorm the next day with fucking roses and chocolate. He was so cheesy it hurts.

When I opened the door, he has on the awkward smile he always had.

"I forgot where your dorm was and I asked around. You have no idea how embarrassing it is walking around a campus with roses and chocolate with everyone staring at you."

"I love you, you idiot," I laughed, pulling him in and kissing him roughly.

"Oh, someone's eager," he winked when I started pulling on his shirt.

"I thought you said you felt as if we're not that close anymore?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Well I wanna feel close to you again," I whispered as he started kissing my neck, "Please, Luke."

"Fuck, I love you, Michelle Cross."

"I love you, too, Luke Hemmings."

A/N SO SORRY FOR HOW BORING THIS TURNED OUT BUT NEXT CHAPTER IS VERY GR8 THANK U ALL FOR READING :))