Chapter 35

Chapter 35

"IT'S CHRISTMAS OH MY GOD, MICHELLE IT'S FUCKING CHRISTMAS. I'M SO EXCITED WAKE THE FUCK UP AND BE EXCITED WITH ME."

I woke up to my boyfriend screaming and jumping up and down excitedly.

"For fuck's sakes, Luke shut up." I groaned, "It's six in the morning."

"WAKE UP AND BE EXCITED."

"Luke, no, come back to bed," I said, pulling his arm and dragging him closer to the bed.

"Okay," he said, his sugar rush completely disappearing.

"OH MY GOD, LUKE IT'S CHRISTMAS IT'S CHRISTMAS! LUKE! WAKE UP!" Jack came in and I lost all hope of going back to bed.

The Hemmings Brothers, everyone.

"Can you guys shut up?" Andy asked, coming into the room.

"Uh, no? It's Christmas. Like who can shut up on Christmas? Like it should be illegal for someone to tell someone to be quiet on Christmas. That's like impossible, Dad."

"I can. I'm your dad. Shut up. Hi, Michelle. I'm sorry you have to deal with this. Bye," he said, walking out the room and going back into his.

"I'm gonna go bother Celeste now," Jack said, prancing excitedly out of the room.

Suddenly Luke's phone started ringing.

His ringtone was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme song.

Why am I not surprised?

"CALUM OH MY GOD IT'S CHRISTMAS," Luke squealed excitedly, answering the phone.

Of course.

"I KNOW, RIGHT."

They're such white girls.

"Wait. You got famous because some hormonal fourteen year old teenager snapped a pic of you and uploaded it to twitter?" Luke asked, putting it on speaker phone after seeing how confused I looked.

"Yeah. Check twitter. I have like five thousand more followers. Jesus Christ, these girls can work for the FBI. The photo was before I got fired, but she uploaded it like yesterday. They found my twitter in like an hour," he said,"Anyway, they're calling me 'Calum from McDonald's'."

"I can't believe you got famous because of your okay-looking Asian face."

"Excuse me, but my face is really hot, for your information."

"Maybe it is, but that's not the point."

I'm pretty sure my boyfriend flirts with his best mate more than he flirts with me.

"Calum, I think we've found our way of getting publicity and attention for the band. This is gonna be legend-wait for it-dary," Luke said, imitating Barney from How I Met Your Mother.

"You're so lame," Calum replied.

"Thanks, babe. Bye, I gotta spend time with my other babe, now," Luke said, making kissing noises on the phone with Calum as I rolled my eyes.

"I'm the better babe," Calum said then hung up.

"I feel like you like him more than me," I joked.

"You're my one and only," He said, kissing my forehead.

"Besides Calum," he added and he smacked him on the chest playfully.

Liz started calling us to come down for breakfast and opening presents.

I'm pretty sure Ben missed out on all the excited-for-Christmas genes when he was born. I mean, his two brothers are jumping up and down and he's sitting on the couch yawning.

"So we start from youngest to oldest, so Michelle you're going first," Liz explained.

"What?"

Wait, they actually got me presents.

"Open the damn presents before I open them for you," My wonderful boyfriend replied.

"Uh, okay," I said picking a random one up that has my name labeled on it.

"Oh, that ones from Celeste and I," Jack said, then turned to look at his parents and back at me, "Yeah, you might not want to open it when my parents are in the room."

"Are you shitting me?" Luke asked, looking so done.

"Oh, Lukey, we shit you not, do not open it now." Celeste replied.

I rolled my eyes and picked up the other box that had my name labeled on it that was from Liz and Andy.

I quickly unwrapped it and inside were the best presents ever.

Fuzzy socks.

And wait for it.

A math book.

"Really, Mom? You got her a math book?" Luke and Jack raised their eyebrows at Liz.

"I'm a math teacher! What do you want from me?"

"This is great, Liz, thank you."

"See? At least she appreciates us." Andy joked.

"OKAY EVERYONE SHUT UP IT'S MY TURN," Luke squealed excitedly.

I'm dating a child.

After Luke opened all of his gifts, it was Celeste's turn and so on.

"Okay, I'll cook dinner tonight for everyone. That's all of your Christmas gifts," Luke announced and I rolled my eyes.

"You can't set their house on fire for Christmas, Luke. Sit back down," I said.

"No, I'm not. You guys have no faith in me."

"Luke, we would give you a chance, but you already set the house on fire accidentally THREE FUCKING TIMES ALREADY," Jack said.

"Go fuck yourself. It was only three times," Luke crossed his arms around his chest and pouted.

"Don't tease him anymore, let him cook," Liz said, coming over and kissing his cheek getting a disgusted face from Luke.

"Mom! I'm a man! Men don't get kissed by their mums."

"Well you're clearly not a man because I just kissed you," Liz sassed.

"Mum," he whined, "I woke burn anything. I promise."

-

"How do you burn mashed potatoes?!" I yelled, quickly waving all the smoke away from the fire extinguisher.

"Ugh. Fuck!" Luke yelled, "Alright, I'm done. We're going to the store. Get in the car."

I laughed and he glared at me.

"Aw don't be mad, Lukey."

"Shut up."

-

"This actually tastes great, Luke!" His family said, shocked.

"Well, ya know. I'm just a great chef."

More like a great shopper.

"You bought this, didn't you?" Celeste narrowed her eyes.

"Psh. No. Of course not."

-

Luke was busy outside on the patio, taking a phone call.

"Hey, who were you talking to?" I asked when he came back in.

"Oh, just the principal telling me I should get the grades in by the end of this week," he explained.

"So the dinner you 'cooked' today was great," I said, once we were in bed.

"Oh, I know," he said, slinging an arm around me.

"Luke?"

"Michelle?"

"Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas."

I know this chapter was so underwhelming but whatever