Chapter 9

"Remember, if you don't swim, you'll drown. So you better fucking swim and win," Luke said.

"Did you really just quote one of our songs?" Calum asked, giving him an 'I'm judging you' face.

"Go away, Calum." Luke shooed.

"What if I don't win?" I smirked. I knew I was gonna win. I mean, I'm pretty much the girl version of Michael Phelps.

"I'll steal your hot pockets," Luke grinned evilly.

"I'll steal your condoms. I know where you keep them. I see them in your room. Find a better hiding spot. Wouldn't want little Luke's running around, would ya?" I said.

"If you wanted some, you could've just asked," he winked, "and if you need a guy to use them with, hit me up sometime.."

"Oh maybe." I rolled my eyes.

"Ok. 500 yd warmup. Choice. Michelle's leading," Ashton yelled over the crowd at the swim meet.

"Go kill 'em," Luke smiled.

"This is warm- ups, smart one."

After the warm ups, we had a half hour until the swim meet really started.

"Guys, stop pushing me! I'm going to fall into the pool!" I heard a deep voice shout from behind me.

And then a splash.

That's when I turned around to see Luke thrashing around in the water. He was obviously going to drown. I mean who can fucking swim in those tight ass jeans?

Nobody seemed to notice and Ashton was in the corner talking to some parents of the swim members.

I groaned, standing up,"I did not sign up for this."

And then I jumped into the water and dragged the scared blonde boy out of the water.

I gave him one of my towels as he tried to dry himself off.

"Luke, do you know how to swim?" I asked.

"Yes. Of course. Just not really well in these jeans," he replied, still trying to dry himself.

Then he glared at the guys laughing in the corner.

"LAME." Michael yelled.

Ashton quickly went over, "What the hell happened?"

"Those fucking assholes pushed me into the fucking pool."

"I saved his life," I butted in, getting another glare from Lucas.

Ashton then joined the guys in the corner laughing at Luke.

"If you don't swim, you'll drown. So you better swim next time because I'm not gonna save you," I mocked him from before.

"I let you save me so you'd feel important," he rolled his eyes.

"Really? Because I can just push you in again and see if you'd let me save you this time."

He gave me a horrified look before he shook his head.

"Ok. Please. Don't," he said, putting up his hands in surrender.

"You owe me dinner," I stated.

"Why?" He looked confused.

"I just saved your life, Hemmings."

~

I got out of the pool, exhausted and headed to the group of guys and Luke handed me my towel.

"You did great!" Calum said.

"Thanks," I smiled.

"Psh. I could've done better," Michael scoffed.