Chapter 31

Can you tell the difference between Michael and the kitten in the sidebar? I can't 😍

Chapter 31

It was three days before Christmas and Luke and I are flying to Australia tomorrow and staying there until New Year's over.

I was packing until I heard a loud knock on my door and suddenly an excited Colton came barging in.

"Yes, Colton?" I raised an eyebrow and kept folding my clothes into my suitcase.

"I got you your Christmas," he smiled suspiciously and widely, "You'll love it. Hopefully I didn't fail like all the other fifteen years."

He handed me an envelope and I looked at him suspiciously.

"I swear to god, if there is origami in here, Colton-"

"It's not, dammit, Michelle. Just open it."

I quickly ripped the envelope open and in it were two tickets.

One Direction tickets.

"Colton, honey, we're friends with One Direction," I said, biting my lip from laughing at his failed attempt again.

He blinked blankly at me, "You know what? It's not fucking easy getting a gift for you."

I started laughing uncontrollably.

"Fuck. Dammit!" He said, irritated, "I just wanted to give you something before you leave, you'll love me, and you'll hook me up with a hot Aussie girl. I'm kidding. I actually wanted you to have a good present this year because Luke's present for you is obviously going to beat mine. I still want you to hook me up with a girl though."

I rolled my eyes and hugged him, "I love you for trying."

He hugged me back and rocked us back and forth, "I'm gonna miss you, Shelly. Anyway, where's my present?"

I got out of his embrace and gave him a shiny Christmas bag with the colorful paper in it to cover the present.

He quickly took the colorful paper tissue thingys out and laughed when he saw his present.

"I love my present," he said, taking out the shiny ninja star and started throwing it around and around until it ripped and I face palmed myself.

"Hey, give these to Hazel. And go along with her to the concert. As a date," I said, handing him the tickets, "I've been shipping you guys since day one.

Colton looked at me, confused, "I think of Hazel as a friend."

"No. Go with her on a date. Go ask her. Now," I dismissed.

"What if I don't like her?" He questioned.

"I don't fucking care, you guys are my OTP and I'm matchmaking you like you and Calum do. So leave, peasant."

"But-"

"Leave, peasant."

"But-"

"Get out." I said, pushing him out of the door.

"I need a goodbye hug from my best friend that is leaving me for two weeks!" He exclaimed as he engulfed me into a big giant hug.

"Now go, you idiot," I dismissed once we were done hugging.

He rolled his eyes, "If she rejects me and becomes the first girl that has ever rejected me, I'm going to beat you with my broken ninja star," he said, waving his deformed ninja star at me as he rushed out.

"Michelle?" Luke poked his head in after Colton left.

"Yes?" I acknowledged.

"I want to give you your Christmas present early," he said, "Come outside."