Chapter 40

Chapter 40

luke

I looked at my girlfriend who was sleeping on the hospital bed.
I could've prevented this, but I didn't.

If only I arrived a little bit earlier.

The monitor next to the bed was being very annoying, for your information.

Beep
Beep
Beep

Dammit, shut the fuck up. Wait, nevermind, don't stop. It's monitoring her heartbeat. Keep going.

Don't stop.

Ha.

Song reference.

I really need sleep.

two hours before

luke

Okay, I'll admit, we weren't really prepared for tracking someone down at night. Especially not at four in the morning where everyone was still half awake and acting extremely high.

Michael, Calum, and Ashton were really into the spies and ninja thing, so they dressed up in all black. And Michael even brought a cape. Jesus.

You're a fucking ninja not a damn superhero. Make up your mind.

Ashton's mum's blue minivan was outside my parent's house in five minutes just as he promised.

I quickly left a note for my parents saying I went to Ashton's house at four in the morning and will be back later.

I ran out the door and was careful not to wake up Molly who would bark if she was awake.

I hopped into the minivan and was facing three idiot boys all dressed in black.

"Luke! Dammit, can't you do anything right? You're supposed to dress in all black!"

"Guys, let's just go get my girlfriend, yeah?"

They all grunted in response as if they kept wanting to bully me about my clothing choices.

I went through Ben's 'confidential' files and found the address. So really, I'm more of a ninja than these losers.

I gave Ashton the address and off we went.

"Damn, this is scary," Michael commented as we were all looking out the window but there wasn't really anything to look at considering it was pitch black and trees and bushes everywhere.

"Do you guys see anything? This is the address, and I don't want to go too far in."

"Um, hey, I see a light," Calum said, pointing at something glowing, it was a house. An abandoned, scary as fuck house.

And then we all jumped out of our seats because there was a sound of a gunshot.

And Michelle's scream.

michelle

Sam was really mad when I woke up.

And I mean really mad.

And by really mad, I mean he kept hitting me.

"Sam! Stop!" I yelled, trying to get him off of me.

"The cops fucking found us! What the fuck did you do?" He looked fucking crazed.

"What the fuck are you talking about? You fucking drugged me for more than half my stay here."

He slapped me, "Stop fucking lying."

"I'm not fucking lying. Stop hitting me for no good reason."