Epilogue

Epilogue

I woke up to the sound of two babies crying on a Saturday.

I cannot wait until the day they stopped crying throughout the night.

They were three years old and I couldn't feel any older.

"Luke," I mumbled, kicking him under the blanket, "It's your turn."

He groaned but didn't move.

I kicked his adorable little butt again and he decided to get up this time. His hair was flat and all over the place and he trudged lazily to the nursery.

"Guys, please stop crying," Luke begged, walking out of the nursery with two babies, one baby in each arm.

"Here, you take poophead number one," Luke said, setting Nate gently on our bed and I quickly picked him up.

They obviously weren't sleepy anymore and Nate was trying to crawl over my body that kept him from falling off the bed.

"Please go back to sleep, baby. Daddy and Mommy need sleep," Luke cooed.

After about ten minutes later with us cooing at them and trying to get them to sleep, they finally dozed off. Moving them to the nursery wasn't an option because they were extremely light sleepers. So instead we put both of them in the middle of Luke and I and we dozed off, too.

And ten minutes later:

"LUKE WE'RE GOING ON ANOTHER TOUR," Michael bursted in all of a sudden and woke up Nate.

"Michael, really? Shut the fuck up, dammit!"

Nate whimpered and rubbed his eyes with his cute tiny little fists, "Mommy."

I patted his head softly to try to get him to go back to sleep.

Surprisingly, Maisie was still sleeping while Luke hit Michael with a pillow.

It was clear that Nate wasn't going to go back to sleep when he spotted his favorite uncle.

"Uncle Mikey!" He yelled excitedly as Michael picked him up and swung him around for a bit.

"Hey, bud! Guess what? Your daddy's going to travel the world again! And you're invited! Do you wanna come?"

"Can we still play X-box?"

"Well, duh."

"Okay. I'll think about it," Nate says.

"Did I just get rejected?" Michael says when Nate and Luke walked out of the room to watch SpongeBob.

"He tends to play hard to get."

"Don't worry, Michelle, after the tour, he won't be a momma boy anymore, he'll be a Mikey boy."

"You wish."

"Stop fighting over me omg," Nate said, walking in and grinning, "Daddy told me to say that."

"You weren't supposed to say that, bud," Luke showed up behind him and picked him, bouncing him a little bit.

Maisie woke up, too and whined when she saw Luke hold Nate and not her.

"I've got two arms, don't worry, babe," he cooed when he swooped her up into his other arm.

-

"You guys ready to go outside and meet the fans?" Luke asked the twins and they nodded, "Remember, hold my hand or mommy's or one of your uncles'."

"You told us like a hundred times already," Maisie said, gripping Luke's hand while Nate held my hand.

When we opened the car door and stepped out, everyone was attacked with questions and screamed.