Moving Out

I opened my eyes to my little sister Alex staring at me wide eyed eager to start the day, me -on the other hand- was tired ill and feeling like death. Thank God Sian was driving today I think I might have fallen asleep at the wheel. Alex had to practically drag me to my wardrobe while I complained and resisted. "Charlie come on Sian's picking us up at eleven.'' said Alex in a high pitched warble.

I managed to slip out a ''Shut up.'' Before I gave in started to get ready. Why was she so happy? Because today was the day I was moving out? Or because she has never been to London? (Which is where the flat is.) Alex had promised to help me and Sian unpack if we could go sightseeing afterwards and I can't deny that I wanted the help.

Up and ready I plodded downstairs; I had to down two cups of coffee my mum's and mine, a painkiller and a fried egg before I could think straight.

"Are you feeling okay?" My mum asked. If I looked as bad as I felt then I can understand why she did so.

"Yeah I'm just nerv-" The knocking on the door interrupted me.

It was Sian.

"Hi!" I said to her and she cheered me up, like she always does. "Are you excited?"

"Yes! We are officially moving to London, and the moving truck is outside!"

"I still can't believe your Dad gave you permission to drive it." I said to her smiling.

"Same, but if we crash I am not taking the resposibility." We laughed while my mum packed some sandwhiches and a flask of hot chocolate for the journey. The moving truck had to stop at the top of the street because the road was too narrow to get down. Altogether we made two trips between us in the rain, because there wasn't much stuff as we had to sell it in order to get the mortgage on the flat. I was wet and freezing but I was still excited as I thought of all the wonderful things that we could do in the British city. As I uttered my mum a quck goodbye Sian ignited the engine. It came to life with a farmiliar roar and I jumped in the front seat while Alex climbed in the back.

And with everything done we set off.

"Sian, can you huck your phone up to the radio?" I asked feeling much better now. 

"Sure what do you want on?" She replied. 

"You know..." I said grinning feendishly. 

"I'm sorry Alex your going to have to put up with One Direction for a while!" Sian announced through her laughter. She sighed but within five minutes she was singing with us.

"You don't know your beautiful whoa-o-o, That’s what makes you beautiful, na na na na na na naa na naa na naa na na na na!"

"Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me..."

"Every time we tou-u-uch you get this kinda ru-u-ush..."

"Midnight Memories! Woah-oh-oh-oh-ouohoh."

Then a thought hit me, "Sian what did you do with your posters?"

"Charlotte were nineteen years we do not have posters." Imitating a very posh accent while Alex and I laughed. 

''So did you keep them?'' I asked sarcastically, knowing exactly what she was going to say.

''Why do you have to take the fun out of things.'' She answered rolling her eyes at me. "But yeah." I laughed at her for the hundredth time today. We all have Friends who can do that, no matter what mood you are in or how you feel they just make you laugh and smile. They make you not care about anything that might worry you. Once it had quietened down Sian spoke again. "You know I’m really looking forward to this, I don't know how we are going to pay off our Mortgage though...'' 

''Me either, we gonna be in debt till die and then pass it on to our grandchild's grandchildren.'' She laughed under her breath and shook her head at me but we both knew that I was right. I sighed and leant my head against the chair and I shut my eyes while You and I played in the background.

I was woken for the second time today by Alex. "I need to wee!"

"God how old are you?" I questioned groggily.

"Hold on there is a sevice station up ahead." Sian stated her eyes set on the road.

"Just let her wee herself." I murmered.

"Not in my dad's truck!" We giggled and turned in. It was around 13:00, it would normally take around three and a half hours to get to London from where we live but because of traffic it was taking much longer than expected. I stayed in the car while they went to the toilet because like the sensible person that I am I went before we left. I was on my own with my own thoughts for a few inutes until they came back. We set off soon after and I let myself drift again.

"Charlie." Sian whispered.

"Charlie wake UP!" Alex screamed.

"I'm up!" I yelled back, Sian just grinned at us. I looked out the window to see that we were in front of a rather dreary set of apartment blocks. "I bet it's better inside." I said optimistically. 

"I bet it's not." Alex mumbled, and I hit her arm.

I had the key; we were number 139 on the third floor this time it took us four trips because there was less people and mum did most of the work last time. ''Ugh!'' I sighed on the third journey we had to go up the stairs because the lift was broken. The place smelled of dust and dirt I started to think Alex would be right about the flat. In about half an hour most of the stuff was outside our door and the time came to open it. As we walked in I tripped over my own feet, I must be the clumsiest person in Britain, and I fell to the stone cold floor. 

"Ouch!" I got up while they both smirked at me. It was then that we all saw the flat for the first time that wasn't a photograph. It was okay: plain creme walls, wooden floors, the occasional window. Then why did we get it so cheap? Well compared to the other flats, it was not cheap. I didn't want to think about it, oh well.

"Shall we get our beds?" I asked Sian. Her Mum and Dad bought us twin beds as a leaving present, they were still in the hall.

"Sure." She chirped, it sent a pulse through my brain signaling that my headache was coming back.  

''Let's do it!'' Alex said

Alex went to make some drinks while we began to assemble them, I let out a huge breath. "Sian?"

"Yeah?"

''Um you know now that we live in London and people are signing up for X-factor now?'' 

''Yes... Why?''  

''I think you should sign up, for it... You know when we were fourteen and we used to like, um, sing and dream of going on the Xfactor and winning etc. You've always been a great singer and it's one way to start a career in London.'' I stated looking at her freckled face. 

''I will think about it but you know what I’m like singing in a crowd.''  

''I know... It was just an Idea.''  

"Here it is." Alex brought in two mugs of the hot chocolate that mum had prepared as well as the sandwhiches; it didn't take us long as I had thought it would to assemble them. The real problem was moving them into the other room, that we had yet to explore. Eventually we did it, but it took a lot of effort because the room was so small. We put the beds in two corners and there was just enough space for a little fold up table to slot in the middle to put a lamp on. I let Alex sleep in my bed and I slept on a blow up mattress in the living space.

My last thought was spent worrying what the future would hold.

--------------------------------------------- Hi guys this is my first Fanfic I would like to know if I should continue or if it's any good please comment etc to let me know your opinions! :)