The Flat

Thump! I rolled off the blow up mattress.

"Ugh." Groggy and disoriented I reached for my phone, 11:11am.

Last night I realised why the flat was cheaper, it was so noisy I didn't get to sleep until two in the morning. I got up and went to our dump of a kitchen, the kettle broke so I rummaged through the debris and found a bottle of beer and a bottle top opener. I shrugged and thought what the heck so I drank it then went to wake up Alex and Sian.

Surprise surprise they were still asleep. I brought Sian a beer and Alex the last shandy as we didn't have anything else, to be honest we were not that bothered.

"Why are you up so early?" Sian mumbled while she rubbed her eyes, "I was having an amazing dream about Louis."

"Haha gosh Sian, it's quarter past eleven and we need to shop, paint, unpack and go sightseeing all today." I replied.

Naturally, Alex was up in five minutes and zoomed out the door before we could stop her. I text her "What was that about??? Can you bring back some creme paint, groceries, coffee, and new kettle. I will pay you back later and can you be home by 5ish x''

''Fine have fun cleaning x''

Once Sian was ready about half an hour later I asked "Shall we start?"

"Yeah, what first?" Sian added.

"How about the kitchen?"

"Sounds good." We walked in to the room together and inspected out tasks.

Between us we had three boxes for the kitchen, I brought some cutlery and plates etc, with some essentials A.K.A Food we ate most of it yesterday though. Sian had a broken kettle, instant coffee, tea, mugs and other stuff. I had a good look at the room it had a rusty white washing machine which somehow smelled of socks, a sink with a dodgy tap, I found that out yesterday when I went to fill the kettle. Alex had just turned the water on and it sprayed up in my face it was ice cold and It was flipping freezing, that's when the kettle broke I kind of flung it at the tap well at least it stopped the water but we didn't tell the landlord that. Pale blue counters and wood draws next to a white fridge with a little freezer inside. I liked it apart from a few um... Faults it was nice in a slightly dysfunctional way, well all the flat was.

Once we finished the kitchen we moved on to the toilet which I had to scrub three times before any of us would sit on it. (We had been using the toilet in a cute little cafe down the street called Macy's corner cafe. I realy like it. To be frank I wouldn't think of finding a cafe like that in a particularly crowded corner of London.) Anyway Sian made me do it because she wouldn't dare, "Ugh ewww!" I squealed meanwhile Sian had the idea to film me! I chased her round the flat trying to delete it! "Siaaaan! Stop it" I cried,

"Hahahaha agh!" she fell over and I fell after her we actually ended up laughing our arses off!

After I cleaned the toilet, the sink AND the shower I realised Sian made our beds and hoovered the room; she had unpacked all her stuff and set mine on my bed. I was shocked! "Sian wow! You actually helped!" I said sounding surprised. We both giggled and she threw a pillow at me. "Cheeky! Hahaha what's next?"

"We've done the kitchen, I DID the bathroom, um... I'll do my bit of the room later so, just the living room and then cover the stuff so we can paint." We stared at each other because we had both been dreading the living room, the flat was cheap for London but extremely expensive for anywhere else so we had to sell all the things that weren't essential. The TV. I think I almost died when I realised I had to sell it, I had it about one month, 3D thirty-two inch plasma etc, in other words it was NOT cheap! We also had to sell one of our laptops Sian drew the short straw; mine had more memory space. There was nothing to do in the lounge except dust and Hoover, and then we covered everything in bin liners. Ready to paint.

"I'm back!" Alex called from outside the door we rushed to unlock it gasping for food and a hot drink. But mainly food...