Grumpy and Hungry

I let it escape from my lips "Mmm..." a vanilla laté, basically a posh coffee we were in a circle in the newly cleaned lounge sat on the blow up bed and pillows. I would have stuffed my face but we were meant to be mature adults we have to 'ration' food which is a shame because I love food. Mmm food... "Just one more piece!" I asked Sian. "Please..." 

"Woah, I'm gonna stop you right there, you are full now so you don't need any more," 

"But-" 

"No buts you've had enough." 

"I know how to give people the silent treatment- you know." I snapped back. 

"Charlotte you never could do silent treatment you talk too much" she said suppressing a giggle. 

"You talk more than me." I mumbled, she still heard me and both of them were laughing at me now, I was like a moody six year old. 

"You're right! And you are grumpier than me; you're always grumpy when you are hungry, go on finish the rest of it!" Sian was as red as a tomato from giggling and I gave in and laughed with them I had to admit that I was being stupid but I still ate it.

"What colour paint did you get Alex?" I asked feeling more satisfied. "Um... Powder blue for the toilet and the kitchen to match the counters, a rosy pink for the bedroom to match the bedding and a huge value pot of the same colour that's on the walls already, oh and a little bit of plaster for the cracks in the walls What do you think? Did I do okay?'' 

"I like them." Sian said 

''Yeah, you did well." I smiled.  

It's okay we were doing okay, the flat's going to look great when we finish it and then the hard part; the job hunting well I'm going to enjoy what we have at the moment but my history of luck is not great. The pondering was interrupted by Sian "What're you thinking about?'' 

"How we need a job." 

"Why are you always so pessimistic?" Alex asked.  

"I'm not, I was also thinking about how well we are doing and how the flat looks great and how I can't wait to paint it." 

"Woah woah ok I'm sorry I didn't mean it that way jeez..." 

"I'm sorry I guess I'm tired I didn't get much sleep last night, I think that's why we got the place cheap well cheaper." 

"Yeah." They both nodded in unison, 

"Can I get in my own bed tonight?" I asked innocently, again they both nodded. Hm what time is it? I looked at my phone eight o'clock Alex was out for longer than I'd expected "Did you get to do any sightseeing?" 

"Yeah, It...Was...am-a-zing!'' Alex emphasised each syllable she clearly enjoyed herself, "I saw Big Ben, err I went on the London eye and loads of other stuff. I went to the Tate art gallery, then I had time for shopping I mean like clothes etc, and then I bought your stuff which by the way came to a total of £134.56. And then on the way back I saw... Brace yourselves! One direction's tour bus! They are in London, Home. All in seven and a half hours!"

"I thought you didn't like them." I stated in a matter of fact tone. Sian and I both grinned. "I do it's just that Zayn is fit. Very fit." Sian and I were grinning at each other. "Ah I think I want a shower I feel like such a scruff." I half said half yawned "Me too.'' Sian seconded. 

"Me three." Alex agreed.

I got in first. I just let the water fall on to my head I love having a shower the water dripped down cleansing me and warming me up. I must be the best shower singer ever I thought to myself sarcastically. I literally shout out because I don't care how bad I am. I got out and went straight to my room in a towel, then got my fluffy pyjamas on and went to bed with my head phones listening to Paloma Faith, Lawson, and One Direction to drown out the noise and it worked. Surprisingly.