It's Saturday

"Hi Mum, how are you?!" I greeted her with a big bear hug "Do you know if Dad and Jane are coming later?" 

"I'm fine! Yes, they are coming tomorrow. How are you doing?" 

"Great!" I gave her a childish smile only she could get out of me. Jane was Dad's wife, my step-mum. I liked her; she was nice but if you put her and my Mum in the same room bad things would happen. 

If they were coming then my half-siblings were probably coming with them Kirsty and Ellis, Kirsty is nine and Ellis is seven. They are both little devils but I love them all the same.  

Sian's Mum and Dad came about five minutes after my Mum arrived. "Sian your parents are here!" I called from the door before letting them in.  

"Hiya, where's Duke?" She asked them. He was Sian's younger brother he was ten at the time. "Staying with Joan and Marcus, wow this place is great!" Sian's Mum, Alice said. I presumed that they were family friends. 

"Yeah you've done well Squizza!" Her Dad George commented.

I should explain that Sian got that nick-name when she was little as she used to hide biscuits in her room. She told me when I was thirteen I laughed for about five minutes non-stop! I went bright red and even thinking about it brought a smile to my face. We brought one of our beds into the living room and covered it in a sheet to act as a sofa; it was a pretty poor substitute, oh well. Sian and I disappeared into the abyss that was the kitchen. I stirred the chilli and Sian boiled the rice, we served it then put some music on and exchanged small talk. Eventually we finished and went out. Alice took us to the London eye and we got the first glimpse of our new home, we were both speechless. The city was beautiful. Seeing the wide expanse of numerous buildings made me realise how much was actually on my door step.

When we got home we had had an amazing day and the breathtaking city had finally shown me how lucky I was. Alice and George left at 6PM because they had to go get Duke and my Mum left later with Alex,  

"I'm proud of you Charlie." She pulled me into a long hug. "I love you." 

"Me too." I said before she left 

"See ya later Charlie I'll come visit soon promise to pay me back! Love ya!" Alex told me giving me a much smaller hug. 

"Love you too. Bye!" She ran downstairs to the car.

"Bye darling, be safe be good and be brave."

"Thanks for supporting me mum I know it's not easy for you." I spoke trying not to cry.

"Okay I'm going to leve before I tear up." We laughed and she finally left.

I overheard Mum and Alex from downstairs Alex was learning to drive so Mum let her behind the wheel. Not a good idea. She had been getting the bus to get round London, "Put the clutch down. Put the clutch down! PUT THE CLUTCH DOWN!" I couldn't help smiling. Driving came natural to me.  

Not to Alex.  

------------------- 

Here's a new year’s treat for you!