F O U R T Y - S I X

May 20, 1997

"So, what's going on with you and Kayden?" I asked Alana before casually taking a hearty sip of my Butterbeer.

We were in Hogsmede -- specifically the Three Broomsticks -- sitting at a booth by ourselves. Kayden, Blaise, Theo and Draco were off doing some 'guy things', as they called it.

As for Pansy and Daisy, they were at the castle doing Merlin knows what. Alana and I were left alone for the first time since before the party and I was definitely to take our time together to pry.

A bright blush swarmed her cheeks and she fooled around with her Butterbeer in her hands, spinning it in circles lightly. "I erm- I actually don't really know?" She responded as more of a question.

I studied her facial features to try and debunk any lies she could be telling me, but she wasn't.

"What do you mean?" I started, watching her unzip her black and white bomber jacket. "You haven't talked about it?"

"No, we have," Alana chuckled and looked down at her hands. "Not a lot of talking though if you know what I mean," my eyes widened and she expanded. "He wants Hannah. That much is clear, but he always seems to come back to me and I just can't say no to him,"

"He must want you if he keeps coming back to you," I glared at her and took another sip of my Butterbeer.

She bursted into laughter. "No, no he wants my million dollar pussy,"

Butterbeer came flying out of my mouth as I laughed at that too. We got weird stares from fellow students and the bartender as our laughs died down.

Alana started making weird faces and her face scrunched up, like she was disgusted. "Can we get out of here?"

"Why?" I asked, lifting my cup to my mouth again, laughter still dying down.

"The smell is making me feel sick," she mumbled and looked around the room for the source.

I looked too before saying. "Yeah, sure. Let me just get the bill,"

Lana nodded and we waited a couple moments before a waitress came by. I flagged her down and eventually payed for our two Butterbeers.

We quickly left the bar and were walking down towards the Shrieking Shack.

"Lana?" I asked her, curious. She responded with a 'hm?' sound and I kept talking. "Are you alright? I mean that was unexpected, you feeling sick all the sudden,"

She shook her head and placed her hand on my shoulder. "No need to worry about me, Y/N! I'm fine. Don't-"

Before Alana could finish her sentence, she paused, looked into my eyes briefly and rushed to the side of the path, where a short fence broke the forest away. She puked into the bushes.

I heard a gutting noise and rushed up behind her. In instinct, I pulled her long hair into a ponytail from behind her head and rubbed her back as she regurgitated into the bush below her. She clutched the fence for dear life.

When she finished, she stood up and wiped her lips with her sleeve.

"You're not okay!" I flipped.

Before I could say anything else, she stopped me. "I think I have that flu, the one that Ginny had a couple days ago. I'm fine. I should go pick up some medicine though,"

I shook my head in awe. How is she reacting like nothing happened?
"I'll come with you!" I requested, but her eyes went wide and she shut me down quick.

"Don't you have to get Malfoy a birthday gift?"

I pondered. I do, his birthday is in a couple days and this is the last chance for me to possibly get a gift. In all honesty, it was the only reason why I wanted to go to Hogsmede today anyway.