S E V E N T Y - O N E

August 5, 1997

All yesterday I was tempted to go visit Hannah, but my father insisted that I work with Bellatrix on smaller things so that I can expand.

I just wanted to torture Hannah to death, but no, I wasn't allowed.

I had to start like Draco had, gradually getting better at the spells until both my father and Bellatrix thought it would be a good idea for me to move on.

Draco, Bellatrix and I were currently standing on in the field we came on to practice normally.

I held my wand out in front of me, pointing it at the trees ahead, waiting for an animal to come trudging out.

My arm was becoming tired and I felt as if I wanted to scream. We've been out here for hours.

"Come on." I murmured, underneath my breath.

Just as I let out a huff of frustration, a small grey rabbit popped out of the trees.

I took this to my advantage. "Crucio!"

A swarm of green light flashed out of my wand. The rabbit got hit quickly and must've felt a pinch of terror. It didn't even last long.

I could tell it didn't last because the flare of green light had gone and the rabbit had ran away, terrified.

"Fuck!" I screamed. I ran my hands though my curled hair in stress.

Bellatrix scowled. "Come on! It isn't that hard. You have to mean it, Riddle. Mean it!"

"What do you think I've been trying to do!" I hissed at her.

"You're not trying hard enough! You have to focus if you want to do it!" She snapped right back at me, blowing a stray, black curl from her eyes as she said it.

I turned, pointing my wand back up to the forest.

"It's fine, Y/N. I'm sure you'll get it." Draco scoffed, amused at the situation.

He was kind of angry with me already as he's been trying to talk to me about my birthday present and how I was oh so excited to now have it.

His wand was pointed to the forest too. His usually clean swept, platinum blonde hair was now messy down his face.

We had been forced to duel earlier and I had knocked him off of his feet with a powerful stunner.

I held my wand at point, staring in depth at the forest ahead.

Why was I wasting time on this rubbish?

I wanted to attack Hannah. I'll really mean it then.

"I'm disappointed in you both," Bellatrix spat at Draco and I. She circled us like a vulture. "You both should be well trained by now. You should both at least know how to do the Cruciatus Curse!"

"What if I told you I've already done it?" I snapped my head around, blood boiling in my veins.

Bellatrix laughed so hard she had to hold her clothed kneecaps. "Yeah- and who would - who would that be then?"