E I G H T Y

October 31, 1997

The Halloween Feast was non-existent this year. Snape had ordered it off. Students were devastated as he broke the news. The Halloween Feast was some people's favourite.

So, using my time wisely, I was writing in my diary.

Since before the train ride here, I had it cursed so it wouldn't expose my real name on the front of it or the pages inside.

Ever since I started writing in it again, I haven't had anymore outbursts.

Kayden and Draco had been keeping a very close eye on me since then.

Right now, we were in the only place we were allowed to seek refuge: the Slytherin common room.

It was Daisy, Kayden, Draco and I. Blaise and Theo were off playing Quidditch (which for some reason wasn't cancelled) and Pansy was completing homework in the library.

Or so she said.

I'm convinced that she's in the library, right now, telling Millicent Bullstrode and Daphne Greengrass about her promise ring that Theo got her.

It's not a big deal that she's telling them this but who was ever going to believe that Pansy Parkinson was doing homework on her own?

Me on the other hand, had been granted no homework with the exception that I practice when I feel I need to.

I agreed and now don't have to do written essays and work as such.

I don't know why I was so angry about it before.

Suddenly, over the past couple weeks, I have became more distant with everyone.

My diary being one of the only things I have confided in.

I had completely ditched my dorm with Pansy and Daisy and had taken my trunk and everything to Draco's.

Draco didn't mind at all, I'm sure he was happy to have me so close to him constantly.

But Pansy minded all right. She went all 'big sister' mode on Draco, blaming him for my sudden switch.

He argued right back. It was quite funny actually. I ended up having to tell Pansy that it wasn't his fault, nor hers.

I just simply explained that I needed a change of scenery.

She crossed her arms and insisted that I move back in and I just simply told her no.

Pansy got really mad and didn't talk to me — or anyone for that matter — for two hours.

A record if I do say so myself.

As I finished up confiding in my diary about my day today, I sighed.

When I was done, I slammed it shut and stood up abruptly. "I'm going to bed."

"No you're not," Daisy denied, shaking her head. "It's only 8 o'clock and it's Halloween."

"So?" I questioned with attitude.

"So," Kayden began. "You will be partying with us whether you like it or not."

"No." I said simply and slowly backed away, trying to retreat up the stairs.