E I G H T Y - O N E

November 29, 1997

"Shut up!" Alecto Carrow shouted to her sixth year Muggle Studies class.

I leaned back in my chair and closed my eyes attempted to rid myself of the now pounding headache I have.

Her and the Gryffindors have been at it all day.

"You can't be serious," Neville Longbottom argued. "It was so long ago!"

"What does it matter? They destroyed Wizard kind!" Alecto shrieked.

"And haven't we done enough damage!" Seamus Finnigan defended Neville.

"Not even quite! Now, if you don't shut your stupid mouths, I'll have to give you a detention." Said Alecto.

Her angered expression turned into a smirk as she watched the brave expressions on the two Gryffindor's faces turn into scared frowns.

"Now let's see, Mr Finnigan, you're Half-Blood?" She questioned.

"Yes?" Seamus answered in a bit of an attitude.

"And Mr Longbottom, this is your 4th detention this year." She commented.

"Yes." Neville said sitting tall.

She giggled softly and slowly walked up to their desks. "I think two weeks detention will serve you right."

"Two weeks?!" Seamus jumped up from his seat.

"Yes, Mr. Finnigan; 2 weeks. I won't hesitate to make it 3." She snapped.

Seamus lowered himself slowly, eyeing Alecto with a passionate hatred.

Neville sat back in his chair, arms crossed. It was clear that he was trying to bite his tongue.

"Detention starts tonight, in the Dark Arts classroom. 7 o'clock," Alecto growled. "Do not be late."

He already knew what kind of punishment detention had in store for them.

Pansy sat in beside me, leaning on the table with her hands over her ears.

Blaise was in this class too but he decided to sit beside Crabbe.

Well, not necessarily decided. Him and Pansy fought over who was going to sit with me for a couple minutes before Alecto yelled at them and ordered Blaise to sit with Crabbe.

I picked up my quill and started writing down the watered version of what Alecto was saying about Muggles.

"Muggles are useless," Alecto began, detest in her tone. "They're why we've been in hiding for so many years..."

Alecto and Amycus' lessons have always been boring. They talk about the same things over and over.

Especially Alecto.

So, I zoned out. Muggle Studies wasn't important anyway.

Plus, I've already heard this lesson like 30 times.

I started feeling compulsive. I need my fucking diary.

I knew where it was; it was in my dorm underneath Draco's and my bed.

But for some reason, my chest tightened and I gazed around the room, panicking.

Pansy looked as if she were about to fall asleep but kept snapping out of it. A reoccurring cycle for her in this class.

I kept my composure, not wanting to expose myself any further and sat up straight in my seat, taking deep, steady breaths.

Focusing on the diary and where it was, I didn't even realize when Alecto said. "You can go."