F O U R T Y - N I N E

June 4, 1997

Alana hasn't told Kayden.

Draco's birthday is tomorrow.

Neither Draco or myself know what we're going to do about Dumbledore.

Why is this all going on at the same time?

I gathered my thoughts as the hot water of my shower devoured my body. School starts in an hour and I forced myself out of bed earlier than usual.

As I lathered shampoo throughout my hair and scalp, I wondered:

Why did I know all of this?

Why was it all put on me?

I felt a pit grow in my stomach. If Alana doesn't tell Kayden, then this will all be a nightmare.

The other day, Hannah joined our usual group for lunch and Alana ended up going to the Gryffindor table to sit with Ginny and Luna. More guilt rose in me as I thought of that day because I didn't make an effort to tell Kayden to talk to her or sit with her myself.

Instead, I sat with Draco, who forced me to eat. I did the same to him and we both ended up eating something for the first time in forever.

I also talked more to Daisy and Pansy than I have in a while. Their relationships were still good and — shockingly — they had no drama in them whatsoever.

I told everyone privately that Draco didn't want a party, which seemed to disappoint Theo and Kayden the most who seemed extremely excited for another crazy get together with the Ravenclaws and selected Hufflepuffs.

Kayden was oblivious to the fact that Alana was avoiding him or even hurt at all because he was so over the moon that Hannah wanted him back.

I've grown to hate Hannah. I mean, she was right to break up with Kayden in the first place, he literally likes another girl but taking him back for the exact same thing to happen. It's mind blowing to me.

She wants him again to break his heart.

Frustrated, I ran a hand through my hair, rinsing the last of my conditioner out of it.  With my body and hair being clean and soaked, I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around myself.

As I grabbed my uniform from the dorm room — careful not to wake the girls up — I planned ways I could possibly get Kayden on the right track of asking Alana if something was up.

Maybe I'd have to hex Hannah to do that but I'll do what I have to do.

I grabbed my uniform and rushed quickly back to the bathroom to throw everything on.

Once I got it on, I felt good about myself. One thing I've always been able to pride myself on, were my looks — it may sound narcissistic but it's true — I'm pretty and have what men would call 'the perfect body'.

See, I don't think there's ever been such thing as a 'perfect body' but I mean, I'm proud of my looks.

I pulled my skirt up high and threw on my robes. After, tightening the green and silver tie around my neck and folding the shirt collar over it.

I blow dried my hair quickly. It looked pretty good the way it was and I didn't feel like doing anything to it today.

I put on some pretty basic makeup, not doing the wing today as I knew if I were to attempt, I would mess it up due to my mind being in other places right now. I stuck to a thick layer of mascara instead.

I got out of the bathroom and used a spell to wake up Daisy and Pansy. "Aguamenti," I said in my head. Water came from the tip of my wand and splashed all over both of the girls faces.