T E N

"What did he want to talk to you about?" Pansy asked me as we walked down the hall with each other to get to Potions.

"He wanted help with his Astronomy homework." I shrugged, lying to her.

"Rubbish! Draco Malfoy, one of the top students in our year needing help from
Y/N Parkinson, a mediocre student." She went off, dramatizing this point with her hands.

"Hey! I'm a great student!" I slapped Pansy's arm.

"Tell that to your year 3 exams." She scoffed. We walked into the classroom and I took my usual seat.

"For real though, Y/N, please tell me what that was about!" Pansy whined.

"Pans," I started, I couldn't tell her "I-"

She cut me off before I could say anything, gasping.

"You like him, don't you? You like Draco!" She looked hurt.

"No, no. That's not it!"

"Yes it is and he likes you too. I see it now, you're such a liar. 'We're sisters, Pans, we need to stick together.' You slept with him that day didn't you?"

I was speechless because of how fast Pansy managed to piece it together.

"Pansy, I-"

"Save it!" She growled in my face and turned around slumping in her seat.

Just then, Draco, Kayden, Blaise and Daisy walked into the Potions classroom.

Kayden went to take his usual seat beside me before Draco snapped at him;

"Buckley, hey, how about you sit beside Zabini today, huh?"

"Sorry Malfoy, looks like you're sitting beside Pansy." Buckley snorted as he sat down.

I knew why he said this because Blaise and Daisy sat beside each other, talking.

"Buckley." Draco's voice was dropped an octave lower "Move."

"No." Kayden scoffed and scooted his chair closer to me.

"Kayden, what are you doing?" I whisper shouted at him.

"It's all part of the game, babe." He whispered back.

"Draco, just sit beside Pansy." I begged him. Slughorn was about to enter the classroom and I wasn't in the mood for drama.

"No Parkinson. If Buckley doesn't move, I'll make him. It's really up to him; it could go the easy way, or the hard way." Draco sneered, his eyes locked on Kayden's testing him.

"Guess you're going to have to make me then." Kayden shrugged and slumped back into his chair further.

For a second, I could see Draco's eyes flare with envy. He shot a look at me; daring me to tell Kayden he had to move.

I shook my head and gestured towards the seat next to Pansy. His tongue pressed up against the inside of his cheek and he sat down angrily beside her.

The class was pretty boring, Slughorn assigned us some pretty basic homework; this time on Felix Felicis (Liquid Luck).

We went to the next couple classes and the days droned by slowly, until the second last class of the day, Transfiguration.

Daisy, Pansy, Draco and I were all in this class together. To my disadvantage, we had a seating plan.

Thank you McGonagall.

Pansy and I were placed next to each other at the back of the class while Draco sat in the front with a Ravenclaw boy and Daisy with Daphne Greengrass in the middle.