N I N E T Y - T W O

March 9, 1998

"Jeremy Alastor Buckley,"Kayden announced proudly as he walked into the common room. "Was born on March 3rd, 1998."

His eyes were tired, embraced in dark circles. His sleeves rolled up on his light blue long sleeve shirt.

"Kayden! You're back!" I exclaimed and wrapped my arms around him.

"I have to go back next week. I'm on a leave from the school for a month before I'm forced to come back. I didn't want Alana to be alone, she's struggling." Kayden explained, connecting his arms around my back.

His hair was messy, sticking out of his head from all sides. He yawned as he let go of me.

Draco came up next. "What are you going to do about school?"

Kayden sighed and ran a hand through his hair, attempting to fix it. His fatherly glow was still quite new. It was wonderful to see him so happy. He seemed to forget everything going on with Draco and I.

"I don't know," he said. "I'll just catch up next year. I'm only missing a month. I'll be back after Easter."

"How is he? Is he healthy? Is Alana okay? Merlin's beard! I haven't seen Alana in almost a year." I questioned rapidly, my mind full of questions needing an answer.

Kayden yawned again, stretching his arms. "He's perfect and healthy. Alana, um- the Healer at St. Mungo's says she's suffering from something called Postpartum Depression."

My eyes flickered from Draco to Kayden again. "Alana's depressed?"

"Yeah, the Healer said it was normal for new mothers to have it. That's why I have to go back so soon. Alana is taking care of Jeremy wonderfully, she's just — sad." Kayden shook his head, remembering something.

"When can I see them?" I asked, standing up on my tip-toes and rocking back and forth. "Alana and Jeremy?"

"Anytime you want, you are his godmother after all." Kayden winked and flashed me a glistening smile.

My eyes and mouth extended wide. "Godmother?!"

"Yes, godmother," Kayden confirmed. "Draco, I thought I'd be nice. You're the godfather."

"Huh?" Draco replied. He looked more shocked then I was. "Me?"

"Yes, you!" Kayden stammered and nudged Draco's arm playfully. "Alana's idea actually. She said that without you both, she wouldn't be where she was today."

Draco tried covering it up, but his lips curled up into a warm smile. "I- um- thank you, Buckley."

"Don't stress about it. I have to go inform the teachers about my departure next week. Both of you, hang tight, we'll crack up a bottle of Fire Whiskey later!" He suggested as he backed away.

He made his way through the wall again and headed down the corridors.

Draco and I looked at each other. "Bloody godparents." Draco said smiling slightly. He shook his head.

A beaming smile was on my face, a smile that made my cheeks hurt. I was Kayden and Alana's child's godmother.

That felt amazing.

But my smile faded in a moment when I realized that I might not be around to even meet Jeremy Alastor Buckley.

It's dangerous to think that someone like me — a Death Eater — could be the godmother of a small good child.

Draco and I will probably be off doing something in which we have to kill people for our job.

Our job in which my father is our boss.