E I G H T Y - F I V E

December 21, 1997

Y/N Riddle's POV

Something is wrong with me. That's for sure.

I never cry over dumb shit — like a fucking diary — and I never forget myself like I have.

Honestly, I think I'm going crazy.

Well, that's what I thought as I hopped onto the train to go back to Malfoy Manor for Christmas Break.

Draco was grasping my wrist, pulling me into an empty compartment and I reluctantly followed. My diary held tightly between my chest and my arm.

My trunk was stashed in the upper area of the compartment, as was Draco's.

Daisy, Blaise, Pansy and Theo weren't going to join us today. I have no clue why, but they just said that they were getting their own compartment. Draco and I shoved it off.

One person though, was going to be with us today in this compartment. The one and only, Kayden Buckley.

He always arrives quite late so, Draco and I made the most of our final moments alone on the Hogwarts Express before he made his way on.

"I miss Narcissa. I can't wait to go back to see her." I said, excitedly.

Draco chuckled. "I bet she wants to see you too. She hasn't been writing letters in fear of getting caught as an ally to the Death Eaters."

I wonder how her conversation with Lucius went so long ago.

Holy, that was in the Summer. Weird.

Time seems to be going by so fast.

Draco and I have come to the conclusion that I should ask my father about the diary. I don't think my oddness has anything to do with a fucking book, though.

Draco's just a paranoid little arse as always.

So, I will ask my father. Tonight.

Not just about the diary, about my idea on the Horcruxes too. I haven't really thought about it much lately.

My idea is that after the meeting, I will ask my father to speak alone and then bring up the diary. After he tells me what it is, I'll tell him about my idea on the Horcruxes.

I just hope I don't get in shit.

I might but if I play my part well, I might just deceive him.

At least, I have before. Why can't I just do it again?

I'm his daughter, probably the most likely to be able to deceive him again.

At least, I think so.

"She's probably ecstatic to see you, love. You know, you should talk to her this break. I bet she'd love it." I said and slid my diary underneath my thigh so it would be in a secure place.

Draco smiled and shook his head. "Why are you so happy today?"

"Already told you, Narcissa. Also you and I get to talk freely about Death Eater-" I started but then the compartment door swung open.

Kayden was uncharacteristically quiet as he entered the compartment and had a serious expression on his sunken, tired looking face.

Draco and I caught each others gaze and I bit my lip in worry for Kayden.

"Morning Buckley," Draco started. "Doing well?"

Kayden stopped and shrugged his shoulders, still avoiding our gaze as he sat down beside me.