N I N E T Y - O N E

February 28, 1998

"Y/N." Professor McGonagall called.

I was sitting in my seat, doing the Transfiguration work she had assigned us that day.

It was my last class.

Snape decided it would be a good idea to fuck up our times table and change around the courses.

When I found out, I just about lost it.

I looked up from my parchment. It had only a couple words on it: my name and the date. I dozed off, what can I say?

"Yes, Professor?" I snapped out of it.

McGonagall stared at me curiously through her glittering spectacles. "Professor Carrow requests you go down to his office."

His. Amycus. Got it.

"When does he want me there?" I questioned.

"Now, actually." She said.

I packed my things up quickly and made my way to the door. I hitched my bag higher onto my shoulder.

I left the room without another word from McGonagall. She went about her own business too.

The class had their 'ooh's and 'ahh's. Honestly, how middle school can you get? We're 17!

I caught Kayden's gaze as I left the class. He looked quite nervous for me. Maybe he thought I would be tortured. Who knows?

Making my way down the corridors, I heard footsteps running up behind me. I didn't look back and kept my way walking. It was probably just a first year messing around.

Suddenly, they came up behind me and before so could turn around, they took hold of my waist.

"What the-" I started and tried turning around to punch them out. But my feet rooted to the spot.

The person put their hands over my eyes. "Guess who?" They said.

I could feel the rings lightly pressing up against my eyelids and the aroma around the person was the sweet smell of green apples, Dior Sauvage and vanilla. It also had a tinge of mint to it.

A broad smile grew on my face. "Draco, let go of me."

He took his hands off my eyes and placed them on my shoulders before kissing my cheek from behind.

"How was Transfiguartion, darling?" He whispered in my ear.

"Bloody magnificent. How was Herbology?" I laughed as he came up beside me.

My hand stuck out and he grabbed it, intertwining our fingers together.

"Great, Longbottom got about 70 points for Gryffindor in one damn lesson." He said sarcastically.

"When is it the Slytherin's turn to be favoured?" I teased and rested my head on his shoulder as we continued down the corridor.

"Who called you?" He asked.

"Amycus, you?" I replied.

He repeated. "Amycus."

"Brilliant. Wonder who the lucky torturee us today." I said, a unenthusiastic tone in my voice.

We separated hands as we walked into the classroom. Amycus and Alecto were having quite an argument in the Dark Arts classroom.

"There were two of them, Alecto!" Amycus growled.

Alecto hissed back. "Snape said we aren't allowed to punish the Slytherin's!"

Draco and I stood at the door, listening. They didn't seem to notice our presence.