N I N E T Y - N I N E

*Blood/Violent Death Warning*

May 2, 1998

Pain.

I sobbed over Kayden's body for so long.

Well, it felt like a long time.

Until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up, dagger eyed.

Draco.

I let out a sob of relief and fell back onto Kayden, hugging his robes.

A lot of the blood from his body was gone.

Just as he was.

"Is that?" Draco asked in shock.

"It's- It's Kayden." I wailed and hugged his corpse tighter.

I didn't want to leave him.

Someone can kill me here.

"No. No, that's not Kayden." Draco shook his head in disbelief.

"Yes, it is." I sobbed harder.

Kayden's face was now pale and looked as if made of stone. His eyes were closed.

He didn't look peaceful. People lie in books and films. He looked distraught and hurt.

His clothes were covered in my tears, his blood and his sweat from duelling and fighting.

My hands were shaking and I let out a strangled yelp. They were so tight around Kayden's shirt that my knuckles had turned white.

Draco grabbed both of my wrists with each of his hands from behind me and tried pulling me off.

"No!" I screamed. "No! I won't leave him!"

"He's gone, Y/N. He's gone." Draco murmured in my ear.

"No," I wailed and fell back onto Draco's chest. He caught me and held me there for a moment. "I wanna go with him. He can't go!"

Draco shushed me and held me for a second.

I don't know how nobody attacked us yet.

But I didn't care.

I would die here.

This can't be happening.

"He's gone and you can't get him back," Draco whispered. "I'm so sorry, Y/N."

He brushed my hair from out of my face and I pulled past his arms. I brought myself back over to Kayden and stroked his cheek with my fingers.

Cold.

He was cold.

He was always so warm.

And now he's cold. Just like that.

Then as I brushed his cheek again, calming myself down by taking heavy, slow breaths, my father had come into everyone's minds again.

It was a blur.

A buzzing, spinning blur.

It was all just his voice.

"You fought validly, but in vain," the word 'vain' echoed in my head. "I don't wish this. Every drop of magical blood is a terrible waste. I therefore command my forces to retreat. In their absence, dispose of your dead with dignity. Harry Potter, I now speak directly to you. On this night, you have allowed your friends to die for you other than face me yourself. There is no greater dishonour. Join me in the Forbidden Forest and confront your fate. If you do not do this, I shall kill every last man, woman and child who tries to conceal you from me."