Chapter 15

I opened the armory door and saw two of our men holding a guy of probably my age. His head was covered with a black cloth and it looked like he was unconscious as he was leaning on our men. They saw me and put their fist on their hearts in respect. I nodded and asked, "Who is this?"

"Only lord Charles can answer that question, my lord.", one of them replied. I nodded at him again and started to wait for grandpa. I looked at that guy again and realized that I had seen him somewhere and knew him well. I was just trying to figure out who that guy was when grandpa stepped into the armory followed by Eva, Hugo, and Lucas. The two men saluted again. Grandpa nodded and turned to me and said, "James, these two had been given a specific work by me. They kidnapped a guy. Now, don't panic at the sight of him." He signaled the men who removed the headcover. What I saw almost blasted my brain. The guy was no one but Ed!!!

I yelled at the top of my voice, "WHAT IS HE DOING HERE???" 

Lucas put his hand on my shoulder but removed it immediately. I was burning with anger. I turned and faced grandpa and asked, my voice still angry but measured, "What is the meaning of this?"

Grandpa who was calm, like always, replied, "James I know you don't like it but this was necessary. Edmund Lane is probably not with his father, that's why he called you. Also if he is on his father's side by chance, then he can be very useful to us."

I was horrified. I didn't know what to do. Then Ed moved his head. He staggered a bit and then looked straight at me. He could just say one word, with undisguised fear and horror, "James." 

He tried to free himself from our men. "Let him go", I ordered them. They nodded but glanced at grandpa first who nodded. They released Ed. I walked out of the room. Hugo and Lucas followed me immediately. Grandpa and Eva were still standing there. Grandpa looked at Ed and said, "I hope you are at our side, Mr. Edmund." Ed gave him a nod. Grandpa left the armory and went down. Eva was staring at Ed without an expression on her face. Ed opened his mouth to speak something but Eva left. 

2 DAYS LATER

 It's been two days since we had agreed to keep Ed with us. It was eventually decided that he would stay with me. We live in a house as big as a stadium(not really). It has many rooms yet they want Ed to live with me. Hugo says that it will solve all the problems between Ed and me. Grandpa says so to keep an eye on him.

 So, I woke up early this morning and found out Ed wasn't on his bed. I got ready and went down on the lawn and saw Ed and Eva were training without me! 

I went where Lucas and Grandpa were sitting peacefully. I disrupted the peace." What is Ed doing here and why are they training without me?", I exclaimed.

Grandpa replied, "As Ed has assured us that he is with us, we will train him like you and Eva. Also, you're late."

"The training time is six and it's not even five now!", I retorted. 

Grandpa didn't reply but continued to look at me for a while and then turned his gaze to the lawn. On the lawn, Eva and Ed were constantly taking laps in a square. "He is a good learner.", Lucas spoke, staring at the field in awe. I walked back to the mansion in anger. I went straight to the ring and started to practice. 

An hour later, Hugo came to the ring with a bottle of water in his hand. He tossed it at me and I caught it. I was drinking water when he said, "We are going on a mission."

A.N.

Hey guys I hoped you liked this chapter. Please vote and comment. Please do share the book. Thank you for reading!