Chapter 21

"You're kidding.", I told him.

Ava broke in and said, "Seriously James, that's your first reaction." 

"It's okay Ava, Everyone please go to the dining hall. I and James would join you soon ", He instructed.

When everyone left, he looked at me and said, "I know it is not wise to act so soon after what happened. But we can't let this chance go away. Please understand James."

"No, no, It is not about wise or unwise. It is about Ed. Think about him. His father is evil but also his only family.", I responded. It would seriously feel bad if you had to help someone kill your father.

"If that is your concern, I have personally spoken to Ed about this and he has no hesitation in helping us after the things his father has done.", He replied. 

"He won't say no to you.", I replied.

"James, you are the King of Mafias so now it's on you if we do this or not. Think about this well and let me know of your decision by tomorrow.", Saying this, he left for having dinner and I followed.

Everyone was quiet at dinner. I sat at one head of the massive table and Grandpa sat at the other. Ava sat at my right and Lucas sat at my left. Hugo and Ed were sitting next to Grandpa. They were somewhat having a secret discussion. Soon dinner was over and we all left to our rooms. I was amongst the first to go. I had a decision to make but before that. I had to speak to Ed.

2 Hours Later

It's has been 2 hours since Ed was telling me about the crimes of his father. Honestly, I have been nothing but scared. He told me how badly his father treated him. His father had tried every way to involve him in their family business. He told me that his father had shot three men in front of him when he was five. But the most horrific was the story Ed himself had discovered from an old servant named Alberto. Alberto had told Ed when Ed was sixteen about how his mother died. Ed always believed that his mother had died in a road accident. Even his father said so but the truth was that his father had murdered his mother when Ed was two years old. Ed's mother had discovered the truth about his father and his criminal activities so she had tried to run away with Ed. But his father realized and tried to stop her but she still wanted to leave. One night, his father took his mother and threw her in one of the prisons made under their mansion. But his mother escaped with the help of a housekeeper. She was caught in Ed's room trying to run away with him. His father caught her before she could leave and took Ed away from her. Then he shot his mother and the housekeeper both. I was unable to believe that a man killed his own wife and took her child from her. 

Ed was very sad and tired after telling him about his father so he decided to sleep. Even I slept. I needed a fresh mind for the meeting and making my decision.

Next day

I woke up. Today a black suit was waiting in my closet. I quickly got ready and waited as Ed got ready. We both took our respective pistols. Ed had chosen a Deagle after his training. It was a good choice. I looked at my pistol for a while and then stuffed it in the holster. We both went to the main hall where Ava and Grandpa were waiting. Hugo and Lucas joined shortly and we sat in our cars and left. Ava and Grandpa sat with Hugo and Ed and I sat with Lucas. We drove for about an hour when we swiftly stopped outside a mansion as large as ours. It was built in Italian style. We entered through the gates and drove through a large lawn. There were men in black suits holding weapons standing everywhere. We drove till we reached the gates of the mansion. A man was waiting for fo us to stand with his bodyguards. He was dressed in royalty. The car door opened and I got down. The man bowed to me and said, "Greetings, my king. It is an honor."