Chapter 24

Stephanie's P.O.V.

I woke up on my bed. My head was hurting a lot. There was a sharp pain in my neck. I checked the time. It was 1:00 am. I got out of bed. I saw I was still wearing sports attire. I changed into something comfortable. Then I realized that I had skipped dinner. I was hungry. I opened my room door and walked out. I turned right and saw a room. It was James' room or I should say the King's room. But James was nothing like an arrogant, ruthless king. He was sweet, caring, and charming. Really charming.

I walked towards his room and knocked softly. I waited. A few seconds later, the door opened. James was standing in front of me. His hair was a bit messed up. 

"Who is it?", He asked, half-alert and half-asleep.

"Umh, Hi, James.", I said in a feeble voice. 

He suddenly straightened and began to run his hand on his hair and then said, "Stephanie, Hi, didn't expect you right now."

I said, "Yeah, I know, it's just that..." I was interrupted by him.

"You're hungry.", He said.

"Yes, How do you know that?", I asked, in surprise.

"Because you skipped dinner. Probably because of our fight in the ring. You became very tired and fainted so I had to carry you to your bed. I didn't wake you up for dinner for the same.", He said explaining.

"You carried me to bed.", I said, shocked.

"Yeah, I had no other choice. Ed helped a bit.", He said.

I relaxed a bit and we both stood in silence for a while. Then suddenly, I felt a hand on my arm. I shivered.

"Hey, You okay?", James asked, his voice pouring with deep concern.

"Yeah.", I replied, feeling like an idiot to react like this to his touch.

"Okay, let's get you some food then.", He said as he went inside and picked his pistol.

"Do you ever go somewhere without it?", I asked.

"Without what?", He frowned.

"Your Pistol.", I said stating obvious.

"Oh. No, I don't.", He replied. 

"I mean, Honestly James we are going to the kitchen. A dozen men won't burst out killing us.", I replied.

"Oh really.", He said, mocking.

"Yeah of course.", I replied.

"Then why do you carry your dagger", He said, in a dangerous, inquiring tone.

I froze and my eyes became large in shock. Then they narrowed in suspicion.

"How did you see it?", I asked.

"When I touched you. I felt something metallic and you too shivered as the cold metal touched your skin. So I realized that you have kept your dagger under your sleeve.", He said and looked at me smiling at his intelligence.

"If you're done being Sherlock, then I am hungry.", I said.

"Yeah, right. The kitchen is this way.", He said as he took my hand and led me.

I gasped and pulled my hand from his. He too was shocked and a million emotions flew from his dark brown eyes.

"You don't like to be touched.", He exclaimed softly.

"Yeah. I-I j-just got a bit scared.", I said.

"My apologies. I didn't mean to scare you.", He said, like a true gentleman.

"No, no, it's fine. You didn't know.", I replied. 

"Um, okay. Let's go get you some food.", He said, cheerfully.

We entered the kitchen. James walked to the refrigerator. I followed silently. He opened the refrigerator door and began to look for some food. At last, he found some rice and some gravy. 

He set the food on the stove and began to heat it. We both stood in silence. He was staring at me. I sensed his gaze and turned to look at him. He continued to stare at me continuously. I stared back. I waved my hand in front of his eyes. "James", I called out. That bought him back to the real world.

"You were lost in your own world.", I mocked. I loved mocking him. He stared at me for a while. Then checked the food. Then he took out a plate and served me the food.

Honestly, I was flattered. The KING OF MAFIAS aka James Harvey was serving me food. He handed me the plate and opened the large door to the dining hall.

"No, I wanna have dinner somewhere else.", I requested.

He gave me a look and then finally asked, "Where do you wanna eat dinner?"

"The Terrace.", I replied gleefully.

"It's 1:30 at night and you wish to eat dinner on the terrace. Not happening, princess.", He stated.

"Oh, please. I love staying on the terrace. Please, James.", I requested whole-heartedly.

"Okay, fine.", He said and gestured the way to the terrace. I stared at him.

"After you, princess.", He said.

I glared and then stormed ahead. He followed silently. He unlocked the terrace door using some weird code and the doors opened automatically. 

I stared at the million stars that twinkled in front of my eyes. They were really breathtaking. James too stared at them. I began to eat silently. I was busy eating that I realized I should have offered James. 

"I am so sorry, I should have offered you.", I said.

"I had dinner, you didn't. It's alright if you didn't offer me. I wasn't hungry at all and you have nothing to say sorry for.", He stated clearly.

I was speechless and clearly smitten. This man was a king. Why couldn't he act like one? But I knew better than to say anything, so I finished my meal quietly. Then James accompanied me back to the kitchen even though I told him not to. Then, he walked me back to my room. For the first time in my life, I was at a loss of speech. I didn't know what to speak. From what I knew, James always remained a bit quiet. He spoke when needed. He didn't keep on speaking and irritating people like me. 

We reached my room and I thanked him. He just smiled and wished me goodnight. As soon as he left, I jumped on the bed and soon fell asleep.

A.N.

Hi everyone! My book just hit a thousand views. Thank you soo much. I am very happy. Also, do tell me if you liked this chapter. Also please share the book as much as possible. The link is given below.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/236104808-james-harvey

Also, please do like and comment. Thanks!