Chapter 22

When Stephanie opened the Terrace door, a gush of wind hit my face. A very large open shooting range laid in front of my eyes. It was a heavenly sight. Stephanie immediately ran and picked up a pistol and began to shoot the target, which lay 100 meters away. She shot thrice and then picked up a pair of binoculars and looked at the target. She was neither pleased nor disappointed. She told me to look. I looked and saw that two of her bullets had hit the outermost circle and one was in the 3rd circle. 

Now, I was impressed. Honestly, It's tough to shoot a bullet in the 3rd circle (Not for me).

She turned the pistol's grip towards me to shoot. I did not take it. Then she spoke something that triggered me.

She said, "I suppose you do not know how to shoot."

Now she should have not said that. I, the King of Mafias, I won't know how to shoot?

Before I knew it, My hand dropped to my pistol and I pulled it out and shot a bullet without aiming for long towards the target. She looked at me, her mouth open. She raised the binoculars and viewed the target. Her mouth fell open even wider and she gasped. She looked at me and said, "It hit the center."

"I know.", I said, smiling knowingly. 

Okay, this was not what I expected. A Bullseye. This is luck. It was a pure fluke. But Stephanie was flattered for sure. We were looking at each other wordlessly when Ed came upstairs suddenly. He said, "James, it's time for supper."

I looked at him and nodded as I gestured to Stephanie to come. As we three walked downstairs, we saw that a fight broke out between Arel Atkins and Jacques Luciano. Jacques was holding Arel's collar and shouting insults. Richard was trying to break the fight as Lucas and Hugo pulled Arel and Jacques back respectively. Grandpa and Patrick were trying to calm both of them. Me and Ed too joined to stop the fight but Richard immediately stopped us. Ten men surrounded both of us. They were fighting very badly and soon their bodyguards would have to join the fight too. Arel retreated for a minute as he pushed Hugo away and pulled out his gun. As soon as he did that, every person in the room pulled a gun out. I looked at Stephanie who had pulled her dagger. I signaled two men as they went and brought a frozen Stephanie towards us. Ed had his gun pointed at nobody in particular. I hadn't even raised my gun. Our men were continuously changing the direction of their guns. 

"Who are we supporting?", Ed asked.

"Let's ask Grandpa.", I replied. 

I told one of our men to take us to Grandpa. We began to walk slowly towards grandpa. I had to drag Stephanie along. She was frozen I don't know why. 

As we reached Grandpa, I asked him. He signaled me to be quiet. Stephanie threw her arms around Mr. Castellano. He held her and then said as she came back and stood next to me, "Lord Charles, What do we do?"

"I suggest that we should leave.", Grandpa said.

I was thinking if it would right to do that when a bullet shot was heard. I looked in the direction of the sound. I saw Arel's hand on his chest. Jacques had shot Arel. The very next thing was easy to predict. Arel yelled to his men, "Kill him."

The lunch hall became a battlefield as both the legacies open fired at each other. Many others chose sides and decided to join the battle. Ed and Grandpa shot randomly. Our's and Patrick's men fought together. Ava, Hugo, and Lucas fought together. I fought by Stephanie's side. Mr. Patrick too fought. Then suddenly Grandpa yelled, "To the cars everyone." 

I dashed towards the exit grabbing Stephanie. We were about to reach when she pulled her hand away from mine. I looked at her in anger. "My father is still there.", She said in fear.