Chapter 13

Our car was badly damaged. It gave up before we could reach home. Lucas had his men push it all the way to the mansion. We left with Hugo. 

It was 8:00 pm when we reached home. A truck was sent to pick our Limo. Lucas didn't leave the garage once after the car arrived. He was watching it get repaired. Ava and Grandpa were in their respective rooms. I was thinking about Ed when I heard a knock on my door. I opened it and Hugo stepped in. Then he said, "James I want you to know that Antonio Lane is the father of your friend Edmund Lane."

I sat down with a thud. It felt that all my world had been flipped upside down. I felt cheated........I felt cheated by my best friend. I never met my best friend's parents. Edmund's father never visited us. He came to our house a dozen times but we never knew where he lived. I still couldn't believe my ears. Hugo helped me get up and comforted me with a hand on my shoulder. He said, "Come let's go eat dinner."    

For the first time in my life, I wasn't liking to eat dinner. Of course, you can't go wrong with pepperoni pizza but I was in no mood to eat dinner. I finished as quickly as I could and went to my room. I sat alone in my room. I kept on thinking of every moment we had helped each other. Thinking it made me sad and most of all it made me angrier. I got up from my bed and marched to the ring and started to practice. I turned all my anger towards the boxing bag and let the pain loose out slowly. I hardly had practiced for an hour when my phone rang. I froze when I saw who was calling. I started sweating profusely. The call was from............

A.N.

This was chapter 13. I hope you liked it. Please do share, comment, and vote. Thanks!