Chapter-4

After seeing the street empty, the man shut the door back. But as soon as he turned, the door flew open by force as if someone kicked it hard. A man with a pistol in each hand was standing at the entrance now, we couldn't see his face. He stood there just for a few seconds and then he began shooting and in the next ten seconds there were 7 lifeless bodies on the floor. 

He hid his face with a round black hat and a mask. God knows who that man is, he is tall and has well-built arms, and is dressed in a grey pinstriped suit with a white overcoat.

The man then put his guns in the inner pockets of his overcoat and threw his hat on the couch. What I saw almost killed me, the man was my very own uncle John. He closed the door and started gathering weapons from the dead. 

Then he pulled out a locket from his neck. I never saw that locket before but it was fascinating. It had a golden bullet hung into a silver chain. 

I wanted to talk to him but I was too surprised to say anything. It took a lot of courage to open my mouth and say, "what's going on Uncle? Tell us now!"

He turned and looked into my eyes, then turned to Ava. 

Ava was standing so quietly that I forgot that she was there. 

My uncle took a deep breath and then he began, "I know that you both are confused but it is the time to tell you the secrets of our family which stretch to a long past. You both belong to the family of mafias."

We looked at him to make sure he wasn't lying and it wasn't hard to figure it out. I was seriously hoping that this was one of my Uncle's jokes but I knew better.  

He then continued," We aren't  Beckett, we are The Harvey's. We are ruling the mafia kingdom for the last 7 generations. I am John Harvey, the present mafia king. Your father, Harold Harvey was the previous king. This was a truth I was forbidden to tell you for a very long time but the time has finally come."

Uncle pushed the couch behind and rolled the carpet, then he inserted the golden bullet into a hole in the wooden flooring. The wooden tiles started to shift revealing sliding stairs to a dim-lit room. Then he put his locket in my neck.

He then said, "James, my boy this locket is the symbol of a mafia king, don't lose it at any cost......" he was interrupted by screeching of cars in our street.

"Now you must go, they are here.", Uncle said.

He hugged Ava and me.

Then he picked two guns from the dead and grabbed his hat. Ava and I rushed downstairs but I stopped and turned. I asked my uncle, "Who is behind us uncle ?"

He turned and then said, "His name is............"

A.N.

Greetings to all my readers,

There again! I have dropped in another reason for you to stay longer.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.

I thank everyone for the support you have shown and the lovely comments I have received from you guys.

Please vote and do tell me in the comments which part did you like the most.