Chapter 11

We were moving with our mafia men to the city. Grandpa told me that he was going to announce my arrival to his fellow mafia mates and coronate me the king of the Mafias. 

I asked him, "Grandpa aren't all the mafias each other's enemies."

He said, "No not all. Some support the king, their many legacies like the Barringtons, Lucianos, Atkins, and many others who are still loyal to the king."

We did not see any traffic jams in New York. The whole city seemed to be empty. Our cars came to halt near the Plaza Hotel. We walked directly towards the main hall. No one asked us for any reservations. The doors opened and we stepped into a gigantic hall. It was filled with mafias and their men who were also mafias and so on. They saw Grandpa and stood up silently. Then they placed their fists on their hearts and bowed to Grandpa. Grandpa smiled and walked towards the stage and then bowed to the others and gestured them to sit down. A few minutes later, he began, "my fellow mafias, I Charles Salvatore Harvey of the Harvey legacy and the 5th king of the mafias present you the 8th king of the mafias and my grandson, James Harvey."

Lucas accompanied me to the stage. Everyone started clapping. Grandpa walked towards me with the bullet locket uncle John had given me. I knelt as I was told by Lucas in the car. Everyone in the hall accepts Grandpa knelt. They started to murmur a silent prayer or blessing. Grandpa tied the locket around my neck as I rose in trance. Then Hugo took the mic and said, "Ladies and mafia men we present you the new king of the mafias, James Harvey, this calls for a celebration, everybody to the party hall." 

We walked to the party hall which was next door. This hall was brought for lunch as tables were laid all over. We took a table in the middle even though I suggested a corner was better. We started eating and drinking. I was introduced to a glass of delicious champagne. Ava had insisted on drinking wine with me but she just got an apple juice(regards grandpa). 

We were finished when a man of maybe 35 or 40 years came toward us and bowed to Grandpa. Grandpa too rose when he saw him and greeted him with a friendly smile. Lucas and he shook hands. Then he turned to Hugo as Hugo rose and hugged him. Grandpa signaled me to go to the man. I walked towards him and shook his hand. Before he could introduce himself, Grandpa said, "James this is Richard Barrington, the leader of the Barrington legacy and Hugo's older brother."

"Pleasure to meet you James or I should say my king", Richard said to me.

I just smiled and did not reply. Richard sat with us and talked about some problems. He then got a call and he left. Many other leaders of the mafia legacies came to meet us. There was Jacques Luciano, Arel Atkins, and then Patrick Castellano. 

Then we bid everyone one goodbye and left for our cars. As we walked to the parking lot, I could notice that Lucas had doubled the security. It was clear that we were suspected to be attacked. We were prone to be attacked. As we started moving, I always thought that we won't be attacked, we would reach home safely. But my life always had different thoughts than mine. We were in the midway when we spotted three black cars moving past us. One of them moved ahead and turned. Then a man came out of the window and shot an RPG towards us. It missed us by centimeters. Lucas shot that man and zoomed past that car. Then the highway turned into a warzone with bullets flying everywhere. A man with another rocket launcher rose out of the second car and aimed towards us and then he shot............

A.N.

Hey guys, I hoped you liked this book. Please comment and vote if you like it. Keep reading to find out what happens next...