[thirty one]

Although in different parts of the world, the big twelve hadn't looked forward to Christmas so much in such a long time. Viktor, who had been so graciously hosting the Greengrass family in his mansion at the Bulgarian country-side, was more than excited to let them all know that their families' introductions went well. Goyle, who had been MIA since the break, had sent an owl to all of them that the Bulstrode's were giving him his own room.

Theo, on the other hand, was excited for all the wrong reasons. His Veritaserum has finished its final stages and, by the looks of it, seems very strong and perfectly brewed. Celine was the one anxious for him, being the more responsible one between them. "You're sure about this?" Celine asked "They will be furious."

"It's for our own good." Theo nodded

Hermione had received word of his success through an owl just before she left her home. She was very happy for Theodore, but still couldn't quite shake the curiosity out of her system. All these weeks helping him brew it to perfection and he still hasn't explained to her his entire plan. Hermione sighed "Mum, dad, I'm leaving."

"Sweetheart, have you got the gifts?" Jean asked "All of them?"

"Draco will be happy to know you included him in your list." Hermione smiled at her parents "All the gifts are in my bag, mum. I'll be spending the rest of the week at the Weasley's."

"We'll see you for New Year's eve, my darling." Dan pressed a protective kiss on his daughter's temple "You take care, alright?"

"Of course, dad." Hermione smiled "I love you both! Be careful." she gave both her parents a kiss on their cheeks before leaving through the front gates. After she had returned their memories, Hermione made sure she placed every single protective charm she knew over their home. Anti-apparition wards were strong around their property, that's why she had to leave first before she could properly apparate. With one last glance behind her shoulder, Hermione ensured the protective spells around their house was intact and then swiftly disapparated for the Burrow before anybody else could see her.

Somewhere in the Malfoy Manor, Draco made sure to check his bag before leaving "I look appropriate, right?"

Blaise rolled his eyes for the nth time that morning, "Yes, Draco. Those jeans aren't much and that jumper is the perfect shade of white."

"Don't forget your coat, son." Pansy snickered, tossing him his wool coat "Be back before curfew!"

Draco threw a pillow at her "Alright, I'm leaving. I'll be back a little after midnight."

"That's when the party starts, anyway." Blaise shrugged

"Is Theodore still coming?" Draco asked "I know Goyle isn't. That bloody fool is wrapped around Millicent's little finger."

"He and Celine will leave as soon as dinner with her parents is over." Pansy answered "They'll probably get here around the same time you will."

"Perfect, then." Draco nodded in approval "Well, pray I don't get my head chopped off by the redheads."

Just like Hermione had done, Draco left the Malfoy Manor's grounds before disapparating. When he opened his eyes after the loud resonating crack, he found himself in a place he'd never thought he'd ever had to go to in his entire life, much less spend Christmas in. The Burrow was as peculiar as he imagined it to be and it was in the middle of a field covered with a blanket of snow. Draco nervously looked at its odd structure and silently prayed it'll keep hold until after dinner.

Afraid to enter on his own, he sent his patronus to find Hermione. Seconds later, she comes out of the house grinning from ear to ear.

She was only wearing a plaid skirt with a white shirt and thigh high boots. How she felt warm in those clothes, Draco will never understand. "Love, it's snowing and you're wearing that?" Draco frowned just as Hermione wrapped her arms around him tightly