[R: sixty nine]

A reminder that the 'R' before every chapter number means that there will be sexually explicit scenes. Read at your own risk.

———

15 May 1999

Getting everyone down to the Chamber of Secrets every single DA meeting was difficult. They had to sneak into Myrtle's bathroom in small batches to avoid suspicion from the students who weren't sworn into secrecy. Not only that, but, Harry and Ron had to take turns muttering the parseltongue for 'open' to let them all in.

The first time they were all down there, all the Slytherins had disgusted looks on their faces from the musty odor, damp air and dead snake skin. Pansy and Astoria cleaned up the rotting Basilisk skin at the side, with their faces green from disgust. Blaise and Celine, on the other hand, worked together to levitate the Basilisk's bones out of the way, careful not to break any of it because in Blaise's words "Who the fuck knows when we'll need the venom?". The rest of the Big Twelve, save for Draco and Theo, cleaned the Chambers to get rid of the sickening smell and make it a good place for hiding.

Today was their third meeting down in the Chambers, and it was also the dawn of Quidditch finals. Seated on the makeshift podium up front, Ron and Harry looked about ready to pass out on each other. It was too early.

The rest of them, on the other hand, were high with energy and excitement despite the ungodly hours. The excitement for the Quidditch match in the afternoon had them all in a fighting spirit. All around the room, their members were dueling with each other, practicing the offensive spells that Harry had taught the other day.

At the side, Draco and Blaise snickered at the state of Harry and Ron "Weakshits." Draco laughed

"We'll see who the weakshits are on the pitch." Harry grunted

Draco rolled his eyes "We're going to win—" but his sentence was cut short when Hermione's silver otter glided into the room, stopping just in front of Ron and Harry "Let us in, please?"

"Us?" Harry frowned, just as Anthony Goldstein beckoned for him to come help with a spell. "I got it, mate, go help them." Ron patted Harry's shoulder and got up to let Hermione in.

Blaise looked at the silver otter in wonder "Does yours look exactly like it?" He asked

Draco watched the patronus dissipate and shook his head "Of course not, Zabini. Mine's the male counterpart, obviously."

Blaise snorted "If it were exactly the same, I'd tell Hermione to run for the hills. That'd mean you were obsessed."

Draco shot Blaise a flimsy stunning spell, shrugging "I just love her, that's all."

Blaise smirked, a Flipendo shooting out of his wand "Seriously, though, when did you find out?"

Draco blocked it with ease, and with his wandless left hand no less, before smirking back at Blaise "That's a story for another time."

Blaise snorted, returning his focus back on their duel. A minute later, Ron came back with Hermione and Theo in tow. He looked visibly upset, but he kept his mouth shut.

Behind him, Hermione looked faint. It made Draco stop his tracks "What happened?" He asked, his mind, both the bond and his legilimency, tried to get into hers, figuring out what he'd missed.

"She walked through Peeves on our way here." Theo answered, his wand tapping against Hermione's back ever so slightly.

"I'm fine. Just hungry." She gave Draco a weak, but reassuring smile "So, what have we got for today?"