[forty three]

"What do we do with it?" Ron whispered

They were all sat on the dining table, with the stone right at the center like some odd specimen, which it was. It looked nothing like it used to. Perhaps it was the way that it got turned into a necklace.

"Is nobody really going to put the shelves back in place?" Astoria asked

"I'll help you." Celine offered, and they both stood to levitate the shelf and fallen books back in place.

"First of all, how do you two know how it looks like?" Harry looked at Viktor and Elena suspiciously

"Are you forgetting where we're from?" Elena asked, as if it should've been obvious

"We're from Durmstrang. Who else was from Durmstrang?" Viktor prompted

"Grindelwald." Hermione said as she and Draco walked down the stairs, fully clothed this time.

"Exactly. We studied this. We know the hallows." Viktor said "It's been known, ever since the war, that Harry possessed all three at one point. Back in Durmstrang, power was everything. The hallows were symbols of power, and so we learned them."

"Hmph." Harry grunted

"What do we do with it?" Blaise looked at it cautiously, like it might explode

"We test if it's real." Theo said "Like Hermione mentioned, we might be the decoy. This might not even be the real stone."

"Exactly. It looks nothing like it used to." Harry nodded

"But, what if it's spelled? This is McGonagall we're talking about." Ron said

"Oh Helga's cakes, I'll do it!" Ginny exclaimed and grabbed the necklace before Harry could even stop her.

"Hello, sister." A familiar red-haired brother sat comfortably on the kitchen counter.

Ginny dropped the stone with a gasp "Fred." She whispered, eyes welling up with tears

"Fred?" Ron's eyes widened "It's real? It's working?" He scrambled to get a hold of the necklace. Hands shaking as he took it.

"If I had known you'd be this eager to see me, I'd have died earlier." Fred snickered at Ron

"Freddie." Ron's voice broke

Hermione followed Ron's gaze towards the empty mini kitchen, assuming that was where Fred was.

"This is insane." Harry mumbled

"Okay, how about we all have a turn?" Hermione said, who she was going to see, she wasn't sure.

"Can't we just hold it all at the same time? Would that have the same effect?" Blaise asked, silently wishing he wouldn't see all his mother's past husbands. Was that how this worked?

Ron looked at Fred expectantly, but he just shrugged "Try it out."

Ron shakily offered the necklace to the others "Fred said to try it out."

"Really?" Draco said hesitantly, what if he saw his father? What were they going to do? Does a soulless vegetable count?

Theo also glanced at the necklace hesitantly. He hasn't heard from his father since... What if he found it he was dead through this necklace?

"Tell Malfoy to stop being such a wimp." Fred snickered "I can't believe you lost Hermione to him, Ronald."

"Oh shut it." Ron snapped

"Say that again, Weasley?" Draco glared at him

"Not you." Ron glared right back "Can all of you just take the chains, please?"