[seventy three]

When the explosions didn't stop, Hermione was quite positive the Death Eaters were just blowing all the skrewts up to get to the Great Hall much quicker. All of the students that remained to defend the school raised their wands, aiming right at the large doors, expecting the worst. So, when Rodolphus finally blew the doors up, none of them were surprised—nobody even flinched.

"Pity," Rodolphus' smirk was manic "I thought there'd be more screaming."

"Well, you thought wrong." Celine snapped, eyes so incredibly blue with hatred as she gripped her wand tightly.

"Theodore got to you first, didn't he?" Rodolphus clicked his tongue, his beady eyes scanning the crowd of wizards with their wands aimed right at him "That son of a bitch."

"Retreat now, while you still can, Lestrange." McGonagall warned, her wand fiercely pointing at Rodolphus' chest. She'd called the Ministry for back up fifteen minutes ago, but the Aurors wont arrive until much later as they'd all been on a mission.

Rodolphus timed his attack perfectly.

"I will leave once I have the stone, Minerva." Rodolphus smirked, his eyes moving to look at Harry "It's with you, isn't it, Golden Boy?"

"Why don't you come and find out?" Harry taunted "I killed your master, who's to say I won't kill you too?"

"How about you hand me the stone and there won't be any killing, hmm?" Rodolphus smirked

"Do you think we're that stupid?" Neville scowled

"I think you're that stupid." Rodolphus retorted "All this talking is boring me. If I have to kill every single one of you for that stone, I will."

And then, the chaos began.

Rodolphus had brought, not just his gang of followers but werewolves, hags and even a manticore along with him. Harry and Hermione were surprised to have found even a lone giant in the mix "Where the hell has he been getting these creatures?" Hermione hissed, her back against Draco's as they dueled with Death Eaters side by side.

"My uncle's got his fingers in all sorts of pies." Draco muttered "Confringo!"

"Bombarda!" Hermione exclaimed, pointing at a Death Eater that got a little too close to Luna from behind.

"Hermione! Hermi—Not me you son of a bitch, Expulso!" Ron was racing towards Hermione, shooting spells at every enemy that came his way "Are you alright?" He gripped her shoulder worriedly.

"Ronald, I'm fine. What the—Petrificus Totalus! What are you doing here? You have to protect the kids!" Hermione hissed, shoving him behind her as she deflected a curse from a Death Eater.

"Astoria and Viktor can manage without me. I need to be here with you." Ron insisted "Sectumsempra!"

"I am perfectly capable of defending myself, Ron." As if to prove her words, Hermione shot a curse at another Death Eater, sending him flying across the hall.

"I know you're one badass woman, Hermione, but you need another pair of hands."

"She has me, Weasley." Draco rolled his eyes from behind them, where was all this Weasley overprotectiveness coming from? Besides, Draco was more adept at dueling than Ron was.

"Focus on your enemy, Malfoy." Ron muttered, giving Hermione a pointed look as he deflected a curse aimed at her.

"Less talking, more fighting. The professors have the giant. Neville and Blaise need help with that manticore." Hermione reminded

"Who has Rodolphus?" Ron asked as they raced towards Blaise and Neville, who were dodging every hit from the manticore by mere inches. The Felix Felicis seemed to be working, but for how long?