[forty six]

It has been exactly three weeks since Theo and Hermione's conversation in the common room. It's been three weeks since the last fire message. It's been three weeks since they felt threatened.

The first week after that incident in the common room and the tightening of security, they had all been on their toes. Theo's dad did warn them to be ready, and so they were.

Everyone was on their toes. The DA were hyperaware of everyone in the castle, making sure that there were eyes in every nook and cranny. The ministry personnel who were supposed to be conducting career programs for the seventh and eighth years were also jittery. Even the professors seemed to be on a look out.

However, there was nothing.

It was now the first week of February, and although there was still snow on the ground, the days were beginning to feel much warmer.

The Slytherin Quidditch team continued to train their guts out on the pitch three times a week. They had been training so much that Hermione had to switch around the prefects for the evening rounds. Blaise, Pansy, Theo and even Draco were all too tired to patrol.

"There was nothing out of the normal this week, but we'll be sure to be on a look out on this weekend's Hogsmeade trip." Neville assured Harry quietly on breakfast that morning "These new coins have been really great for communicating, Hermione. Thanks."

"My pleasure, Nev." Hermione grinned, but ushered him away as the Slytherins came into the Great Hall just in time to catch breakfast

"Still sore?" Harry smirked at Draco

"That is not a question I ever imagined you to ask Malfoy. Ever." Ginny scrunched up her nose

"I dont— Ginny!" Harry exclaimed, his face turning red "I don't mean it that way!"

"You are so perverted, Ginny Weasley." Blaise snickered, giving her a fist bump

"Please don't make me lose my appetite. I need to eat up for Yanley's class today." Draco scowled as he filled his plate

"Right. She's making us duel with one another as a test." Ron made a face "We don't even know who we'll be against until we get to class."

"That's kind of the point." Pansy shrugged "You never know who you'll be up against in real life either. If you ask me, I like how she's teaching us practical applications."

"First class of the day and she's making us kill each other already." Ron muttered "I hope madame Pomfrey's ready for the influx of students today."

"Worried you'll get your arse kicked, Weasley?" Draco smirked

"Worried I'll kick someone's arse too hard actually. Maybe yours?" Ron gave him a cold smile

"It would actually be hilarious if you two ended up against each other." Theo chuckled "I'd pay to see that."

"Five galleons Draco will win." Celine grinned at Theo

"You're making me bet on Weasley?" Theo raised his brows

"Hey!" Ron exclaimed in protest "I can definitely kick his arse in a duel. I'm sure even Hermione will agree with me."

Hermione just smiled at him in amusement "Sure Ron, I believe in you."

"That doesn't sound convincing." Ron scowled

Theo laughed "Alright, five galleons Weasley will win." He shook Celine's hand "Just so I can bet against my best mate for once."

"You're betting on the wrong horse, Nott." Draco warned