[sixty one]

When Hermione woke up a few hours past midnight, she wasn't surprised to find herself back in Hogwarts. What surprised her were the two other makeshift hospital beds next to hers, with Blaise and Harry sharing one.

"Welcome back to the land of the living." Ron chimed from the couch.

"What happened to these two?" Hermione croaked, bringing Ginny to feet to get her some water.

"Your bloody fiancée happened." Ron muttered

"He's back?" Hermione whispered, eyes wide. She knew from the way her muscles hurt less that she'd been healed close enough to being okay again. Hermione leaped off the bed, hoping to run to their quarters to find Draco, only to have Blaise grab her arm, stopping her. "What?" She frowned

"You don't want to see him. Not like that." Blaise shook his head.

"What happened?" Hermione repeated

From her seat next to Ron, Pansy tossed Hermione a note "Fire message from Theodore."

Hermione's brows furrowed as she read through it "Draco came?"

"That's really all you got from that?" Celine frowned

"Dickhead Draco is back." Ron said, shrugging. Hermione turned to look at Blaise "The spell?"

"Why else do you think your bond would break?" Blaise sighed. They were all just waiting for dawn to break so they can head over to Hagrid's and figure out what the bloody hell to do next. If anyone asked him, he was exhausted.

"Right. The bond." Hermione whispered, finding herself back on the bed, a little weak. The Malfoy bond was broken and that could only mean one thing—

Draco no longer loved her.

"He wasn't himself, Hermione." Astoria shook her head, her hand squeezing Viktor's "It's the spell."

"We all know Dra—" Hermione interrupted Ginny with a shake of her head "Now's not the time." Hermione muttered, knowing full well that if they continued discussing whether Draco loved her or not, she'd end up in tears "When shall we go down to Hagrid's?"

"Give it a couple hours more, I think." Pansy glanced at the clock in the corner. "Great, because I need a nap." Blaise mumbled "Pans, c'mere."

"Shove off, Zabini. You don't need this bed. Go cuddle elsewhere." Harry pushed Blaise aside "Your cheek was healed hours ago."

"Ow! I'm an injured man, Potter!" Zabini exclaimed dramatically as he was pushed over the side of the bed. Hermione shook her head at her antics before announcing that she ought to bathe. Maybe some time alone will help her clear her thoughts.

Walking didn't hurt as much as it did a couple hours ago, proving that Madame Pomfrey's healing capabilities were truly amazing. Hermione climbed the stairs slowly, careful not hurt herself, before entering the room she shared with Draco.

Draco.

Hermione sighed, by the way Harry and Viktor looked earlier, their encounter with her fiancée was probably less than pleasant. She wasn't sure how she'd react to whatever version of him exists now. Knowing that he'd broken their bond...

Hermione sighed and ran the water in the tub.

She didn't notice her tears until they'd caught on her shirt as she stripped herself of her clothes. She'd been doing a lot of that lately—crying. She hated it.

Stepping into the bath, Hermione sank under the shallow water, taking another deep breath. How could her world have turned upside-down in just a matter of months? Even the war took years to brew, but this?