[seventy two]

May 24, 1999

The more Hermione thought about it, the more it made sense.

The Dark Magic wasn't the reason why she suddenly hated eggs and creamy food, the little baby in her belly was.

It was breakfast on Monday morning when her symptoms really became a lot more apparent and less ignorable. She could no longer keep the morning sickness down, and she couldn't, for the life of her, stop eating banana and apple fritters.

This baby is going to be one heck of a monster for fruits.

It's been three days since she, Ron and Theo found out, and also three days since they all made a pact to keep everyone else out of it until after the battle.

Hermione wasn't going to lie and say she didn't feel guilty, because she did. In fact, she felt so terribly guilty that her pregnancy hormones made her cry in the shower because of it.

Madame Pomfrey had explained to her that magical pregnancies were very different from normal ones. Hers will be especially different with the Malfoy's strong magical lineage.

She also explained that the baby she's carrying is also the reason why her Malfoy bond wasn't working as well as it should.

"Now, Hermione, you're in the first trimester. Getting past it is the goal. The pregnancy is very delicate at this point, so you have to be incredibly careful." The healer advised quietly, before turning to look at the two boys that stood like bodyguards next to Hermione "Are you sure you want these two in here?"

"Yes. They're the only ones allowed to know for now, madame Pomfrey. Nobody else can help me but them." Hermione shook her head

"Mister Malfoy?"

"Will be informed once things are better." Hermione clarified "Please continue."

Madame Pomfrey twisted her wand, pulling the baby's diagnostic into full view in front of them "You conceived around the start of the month. Do you want to know the sex of the child?"

"Isn't it too early?"

"Magical pregnancies are different, Hermione." The healer reminded her

Hermione pursed her lips. Start of the month?

The ball.

She sighed and shook her head "I want to find out when Draco's beside me. What I want to know is how...my baby is doing? I may have done...some things recently that might've harmed him...or her."

Madame Pomfrey pursed her lips. In truth, she knew what it was. As a healer, she could always tell, but she didn't say anything "The baby is fine, Hermione. The magic in their blood is quite strong, but you should be extra careful."

Hermione nodded "What else should I look out for?"

"Well, it've very obvious that the baby has magic. Now, this magic may bring changes to yours—it may enhance your magic or dull it."

"The Malfoy's...We, erm—" She hadn't yet gotten used to calling herself one "We have a bond, a magical one. Does the baby—"

"Ah, yes. The Malfoy bond. I'm afraid Narcissa will have to walk you through that herself. I have little knowledge in the matter, but if you've been experiencing changes in that, then it may be due to your conception."

Hermione breathed, no wonder she hasn't been able to reach Draco's mind for a while now "Okay." She whispered "The baby is okay? Truly?"

"Yes, Hermione. You just need to be a little bit more careful until we're out of the danger zone." Madame Pomfrey nodded, her eyes looking at the glowing runes that shimmered in the air, signifying the baby's status. "Your morning sickness and cravings will be very intense. Malfoy pregnancies are often difficult, due to the amount of magic you're carrying—that much I know. So, be wary of the changes in your mood, appetite and magic. Boys—"