[forty five]

"Potter, I cleared it with Slughorn. My team has the pitch this afternoon."

"And I cleared it with the headmistress, Malfoy." Harry snapped

"We let you have the pitch the last time! Don't be a rotten brat, Potter." Draco bit back

Harry glared at Draco in frustration. The two Quidditch captains were already fully dressed for practice in their robes, but can't quite agree on who gets the pitch for this afternoon.

"Look, it's still early, alright?" Celine sighed and stood in the middle of the two boys, who were already sizing each other up "Both teams have enough time to train this afternoon, just flip a coin on who gets it first."

"There's no need to flip a coin, Celine, because our house was first." Draco said through gritted teeth

"Months of unimaginable peace between our peculiar group of friends, and this is what breaks us?" Hermione scoffed, grabbing a coin from her pocket "I'm flipping the coin."

The two boys looked at her and chorused "No."

Hermione narrowed her eyes at the both of them "You're saying no to me?" she asked in a deathly whisper

Draco looked a little faze "But babe—"

"Don't babe me. Today you're Draco Malfoy, the Quidditch captain of the team going against my house." Hermione cut him off

Harry grinned in triumph "Bros before hoes." He snickered. Draco looked about ready to smack him.

"Don't call my fiancée a hoe." Hermione glared at Harry "Don't celebrate yet. I told you to get that permission slip from McGonagall as soon as we got back! This is your fault we have to fight them for the spot. They technically were first."

Harry's face fell "Yes but—"

"Don't but me, Harry Potter." Hermione interrupted him, too.

Everyone in their room just watched in amusement as Hermione showed the coin to both boys "I'm flipping this. End of discussion." She said "Head or tails?"

"Heads." Draco and Harry called at the same time

"Really? Potter?" Draco snapped "You have zero originality."

Theo snickered from behind Draco. He was fully dressed in his Quidditch robes, casually leaning against the dining table of their common room. With his hair all ruffled and his fingers tight around his broom, it took everything in Celine not to melt under his gaze.

"You laughing at Harry, Nott?" Ron challenged, but Theo just rolled his eyes at Ron's weak attempt to start a fight

"Do not get into this, too, Ronald." Hermione warned "Heads or tails?"

"Heads." Draco insisted

"Fine!" Harry gave in "We'll still get it first anyway."

"Flip the coin, Granger." Draco ran a frustrated hand through his hair "I can't wait to get on this broom."

"Impatient, immature little boys." Hermione muttered under her breath and tossed the coin in the air. She caught it in one hand it flipped it on the other "Tails." She said, grinning at Harry. When she caught Draco's glare, she immediately masked the grin with a stoic expression.

"What?" Draco hissed "I thought you were with me!"

"Did you assume I'd cheat for you?" Hermione raised a brow at Draco

"Yes! I mean— No." Draco mumbled, after she shot him a poisonous look that told him if he said the wrong answer, he'd be sleeping on the floor for a week.