[twenty]

When Viktor Krum agreed to take his graduate studies under the esteemed professor McGonagall, he never expected it to come with an arranged marriage. Ever since the news of the law, he has felt nothing but regret for choosing to come to Hogwarts. It seems as if every time he decides to come to this place, something horrible happens. 

At first he thought it was all because of Harry Potter, but it seems as if the bad luck is really just rooted to the school itself. 

He wasn't involved in any romantic relationships as of the moment. Hermione was the last, and he had come to Hogwarts hoping there might still be something there, only to find not one, but three men already vying for her affections - Ronald Weasley, Draco Malfoy and Theodore Nott. 

Viktor couldn't take it against her, she was an exceptionally beautiful and brilliant witch. Men were bound to fall on their knees at the sight of her. 

"Viktor Krum, fancy seeing you out here." a voice said behind him "I would've pegged you for the Quidditch Pitch type of thinker."

He spun around to find Celine Zabini approaching him with a dazzling smile "Quidditch isn't all there is to me." Viktor chuckled and skipped another rock across the lake "I happen to like skipping rocks. It helps me think." 

"It's been a while since I last saw you." Celine pointed out "You should have told me you had plans on pursuing further studies when we shot for Witch Weekly two years back."

"I hadn't really decided on it when I last saw you." Viktor chuckled "How are you, mademoiselle?"

"Oh you know, worrying about who I'll end up with, like everybody else around me." Celine chuckled humorlessly "And you, monsieur?" 

"Worrying about who I'll end up with, like everybody else around me." Viktor said, repeating after Celine

The pair laughed "Crazy how if you and I both decided to stay where we were, we wouldn't need to go through with this." 

"I wouldn't need to." Viktor said "You, on the other hand, might still have to. I heard they're adapting this type of rule every where else."

"What a time to be alive." Celine said, her words dripping with sarcasm

"You don't have anyone in mind, do you?" Viktor asked

Celine wouldn't be a horrible choice. She was a pureblood witch from a wealthy family. At fifteen years old, she was a celebrity already earning for herself. Her heart was good, and her manners were perfect - it wouldn't disappoint his parents if he took someone like her home. At least he'll end up with a friend. 

"I actually do." Celine smiled sadly "I'm not sure I'm the one on his mind, though. So, that's a bit of a bummer." 

Scratch that thought then, he mentally sighed. This was going to be difficult. Maybe he'll have more luck by submitting his name for sorting in the next week. Get this thing over with.

"You're an amazing lady, Celine. He'd be mad not to have you on his mind as well." Viktor smiled at her comfortingly 

"What about you?" Celine asked, refusing to dwell on the fact that Theo has remained silent about this particular elephant in the room

"All the ladies I've set my eyes on have been spoken for, unfortunately." Viktor laughed coldly "I might just let the ministry choose for me in the next week." 

 "Well, Viktor, whoever you'll be paired with will be lucky to have you." Celine smiled "Who wouldn't want an overly handsome world champion Quidditch player by her side?"

"There is more to me than Quidditch." Viktor repeated with an eye roll and a smile 

"I know, I'm only kidding, Viktor." Celine chuckled softly "You have a good heart. They'll be crazy not to see that. You were surrounded with people who were dark and prejudiced your entire life. Some of us weren't brave enough to not let it get to us, but you were. That courage to keep your heart and intentions pure? I don't think people will be able to find that elsewhere that easily."