[R: sixty seven]

The Great Hall was bustling with energy on Tuesday morning. Despite it being two days since the ball, it was certainly still the talk of the town. Harry could only be so grateful that nobody truly dwelled on the half-assed speech that he and Ron gave whilst they were distracted trying to scan the sea of masked students for their best friend.

"Psst, hey, Harry."

Harry looked up from his breakfast to find Fred grinning at him from across the table. His eyes widened in warning.

"I know, I know, we're not supposed to talk to you in public. Bollocks, if you ask me." Fred rolled his eyes, smirking again "You excited for the show?"

Harry pursed his lips, trying to ignore Seamus' suspicious expression looking at him from the side "Fred, not now." Harry whispered under his breath

"Granger was practi— Oh, look, there she is now!" Fred grinned, pointing at the double doors.

Hermione walked in, bag slung over her shoulder, carrying an apple and two large books in hand. Harry glanced at his watched and nodded, on time as always.

Hermione stopped by the side to talk to Luna "Hey, Luna." Hermione smiled "Have you and Neville found a place for us?"

"Oh, Nev—" Luna's answer was interrupted by Hermione's bag splitting at the seams, all her belongings falling down to the floor in a loud crash "Oh, dear." She whispered, wide-eyed.

Hermione took a second to grasp what had just happened, before she spun around to look for the culprit. Walking away casually, with his hands in his pockets and a smirk plastered on his smug face was Draco "Real mature, Malfoy." Hermione snapped

The whole hall had gone silent, watching Hermione glare at the back of Draco's ignorant head. When he didn't turn to answer her, Hermione whispered "Lacarnum inflamari."

Draco's robes immediately caught fire, causing him to yelp in surprise "What the fuck!"

Hermione giggled and turned back to her broken bag, enchanting it to fix itself whilst she collected her belongings from the ground.

"Think it's funny to set people on fire now, don't you, Granger?" Draco spat behind her

Hermione laughed coldly "Maybe if you hadn't hexed my bag—"

"Who said it was me?"

"I know it was you." Hermione growled, turning to meet his poisonous glare "Real mature of you."

"We're talking about maturity now, are we?" Draco narrowed his eyes at her as he took a step closer, hand wound tight around his wand "Why don't you give me back what's mine, then?"

"What's yours?" Hermione scoffed "I have nothing of yours."

"I'm talking about the ring, Granger." Draco replied, his voice dangerously low. The entire hall had stopped what they were doing to watch their fight. Almost every student was on their toes.

Hermione whipped her wand out, pointing it at Draco's neck "Don't you dare come near me." She warned, fear seeping into her voice.

Draco smiled coldly as he grabbed her wand hand and slammed her against the wall. Several gasps were heard as Hermione's back hit the stone, her face contorting into a look of pain "I want it back, Granger." Draco hissed, his hand around Hermione's neck as he pinned her against the wall.

Hermione looked just as angry as Draco, her eyes burning with emotion "Get your hands off me." She hissed as she shoved him off of her with all her might "Impedimenta." She snapped