[epilogue]

May 10, 2001

"The audacity of Weasley to get married and get pregnant a couple months after you slipped into a coma and give birth while you were in a coma is just too much for me, Theodore." Blaise ranted as he poured milk into his tea "Then, Astoria and Viktor had the audacity to get married soon after too! None of them could wait for you! Now, Draco—"

"The audacity of Zabini to come ranting here to you after disappearing on us for an entire year." Draco glared at Blaise as he fixed his cufflink

"Now, Draco is getting married without you too! By the way, Weasley and Potter threw Goyle's arse into jail." Blaise continued, walking over to Theo "You've grown a beard, mate."

"I was too busy with the wedding preps to clean him up this week, I think." Celine said thoughtfully as she watched Draco wave his wand to clean Theo up—giving him an odd-looking beard "If that doesn't make you want to wake up, I don't know what will." he muttered "And he already knows about Goyle, that's old news, Blaise."

"If you haven't noticed, I've only recently began catching up with the news, and besides, was I speaking to you?"

Draco leaned against the foot of Theo's bed and stared at Blaise accusingly "After a year of dipping out on all of us, you and Pansy come back for my wedding? Are you even staying for the reception?"

"Are you kidding? Why would I pass up on the chance to eat that roasted duck? Of course we're staying for the reception." Blaise snickered "We had to come back because who would be your best man? Weasley?"

"Potter, actually."

"Oh shut up, Malfoy." Blaise looked at Theo "Hear that, Theo? I'm his best man!"

"Are you staying at all, Blaise?" Celine asked Blaise from her seat next to Theo, crossing her arms

"You know the only reason that'll get us to stay is if that guy behind Draco wakes up." Blaise shrugged, setting the cup of tea down "Otherwise, it's Spain for us, and then Romania, and then—"

"Just stay for a little while. Let's all catch up. Little James has grown loads since you left." Draco insisted

"Miss me much?"

"It's my wedding day, I'm allowed to have emotions."

"Exactly, and won't you be late for your own wedding if you stay here for much longer?" Blaise pointed out "Granger will have my head if I don't get you down there right now." He said, avoiding Draco's offer.

He did want to stay, he really did.

But they were all moving on—moving forward, and it hurt too much to see that while knowing one of his best mates is getting left behind.

He didn't have the heart to stay and watch all of them move on with their lives while Theo is stuck to a bed.

It hurt too much.

The last year he spent exploring the world with Pansy has kept their minds off of the fact that Theo's been in a coma for two years now.

Two years.

"Are you happy, Blaise?"

"I'm free, Draco." Blaise answered, then looked at Theo "But we all know we'll never feel complete again."

"You don't know that." Celine said as she hung a garment bag in the wardrobe across Theo's bed "He might wake up tomorrow or next week, for all we know."

"We've been saying that for two years now, Cel." Blaise sighed, finishing the last bit of his tea "Now, Malfoy, are you sure you're not trying to flee from your wedding by being here?"